You Conan Players Out There--Which Forum Will We Follow???

OddjobXL said:
Oh, Border Kingdoms has a good ring to it too. You must have been posting while I was.

By far, my first choice is Altar of the Dreaming Gods, but I do like Border Kingdoms, out of the other choices, as a distance second.

Hi guys, total bummer bookmark brought me to the page where it said "This mongoose forum dose not exist."
Then it kinda hit me.
Oh well, "c'est la vie."
I think its a great idea to utilize thoth's page.
Him and Vincent were the vanguard of this movement (looking at their CONAN via d20 webpages they had prior to the Mongoose guys!).

Whatever name is used, please let us know when we can make the jump.
I suppose we have to keep our eye on Copyright infringement so I'd avoid the name Border Kingdom (not that CPI has any real recourse, but why give them the opportunity to even send a nasty-gram to THoth in his scandinavian abode!

Who knows something like the Black lotus cafe' would be fine since the lotus flower is a naturally occurring thing, but we all know what it means in the Conan context.

Spectator said:
Who knows something like the Black lotus cafe' would be fine since the lotus flower is a naturally occurring thing, but we all know what it means in the Conan context.

Hmm, Cafe ? How about Black Lotus Den ? But maybe it sounds to much like a crackhouse ? :)

I also like Altar of the Dreaming Gods.

I tried to make a poll on this site, but all I got was: You have tried to enter too many poll options. So we can do it here. I round-up as much names as could gather, and I cant wait for the new community to get started. Please pick one:
  • Altar of the Dreaming Gods
  • House of Om
  • Out of the Æons
  • Silent Chambers of the Sapphirean Throne
  • Dreamer in the Catacombs of Ur
  • The Shadow Kingdom
  • Weird Tales and Astounding Stories
  • Leng and Lemuria
  • Tales of Steel and Shadow
  • World of Heroes
  • Black Lotus [cafe/den/house]
  • Other (specify)

Malcadon said:
I tried to make a poll on this site, but all I got was: You have tried to enter too many poll options. So we can do it here. I round-up as much names as could gather, and I cant wait for the new community to get started. Please pick one:
  • Altar of the Dreaming Gods
  • House of Om
  • Out of the Æons
  • Silent Chambers of the Sapphirean Throne
  • Dreamer in the Catacombs of Ur
  • The Shadow Kingdom
  • Weird Tales and Astounding Stories
  • Leng and Lemuria
  • Tales of Steel and Shadow
  • World of Heroes
  • Black Lotus [cafe/den/house]
  • Other (specify)
> Here are 4 more new forum names to consider...

Hall of Swords -[ my fave ]

Adventures in Blood

Black Lotus Abyss

Henge of Dreams

[ I vote for any of these 4 :) ]

Among the new titles "hall of swords" is also very good, but my personal suggestion is:
"...there was an age undreamed of."

It is right from the famous poem by REH...but I do not think Conan properties could complain anything about the copyright of english words as "undreamed".
I like it because it immediately suggests something in the Conan fans (wether from REH stories or from the Milius movie), without excluding any other S&S topic we want to treat.

LucaCherstich said:
Among the new titles "hall of swords" is also very good, but my personal suggestion is:
"...there was an age undreamed of."
Thanks. :)

Hey I like your title idea, too.

But I would shorten it to...

'An age undreamed of '

----
Come on guys? Let's have more votes for titles, please? :)

Back