Yet another Prepainted game (but a good one!)

MaxSteiner

Mongoose
TH1.jpg

TH2.jpg

TH3.jpg

These are from a french board game called Tannhäuser http://www.takeonyou.com/spip.php?rubrique20, (All info gleefully ripped of frothers) based in a world where WW1 never ended. The models look amazing, but I havent had the chance to use my pathetic french skills (Or slightly better babelfish skills) to get some more info.
This is actually the way I saw prepainteds going though really.
There lovely sculpts and if they actually look like that Im gonna have to buy a copy language barrier or no!

Rob_alderman said:
They look cool, but technically, if WW1 never ended, the attrition would have killed all males.

Well there could be lulls between storm where there's no official peace treaty but each country is rebuilding their armies :D

Rob_alderman said:
They look cool, but technically, if WW1 never ended, the attrition would have killed all males.

Not true- by the end trench warfare had been beaten by mass tanks, defense in depth, assault troops, raiders, creepign barages etc.

Seen these before- great if they werent pre painted.

MaxSteiner said:
TH1.jpg

TH2.jpg

TH3.jpg

These are from a french board game called Tannhäuser http://www.takeonyou.com/spip.php?rubrique20, (All info gleefully ripped of frothers) based in a world where WW1 never ended. The models look amazing, but I havent had the chance to use my pathetic french skills (Or slightly better babelfish skills) to get some more info.
This is actually the way I saw prepainteds going though really.
There lovely sculpts and if they actually look like that Im gonna have to buy a copy language barrier or no!

Thats a WOW!

Rob_alderman said:

Well you'll notice that there are female combatants amongst the models, so its kinda a moot point isnt it?
Incidently, did anyone ever read that story where advancements in transplants allowed WW1 to continue indefinatly (Since all the governments involved had agreed that a state of perpetual war was actually a better way of runnig the world), I can't remember for the life of me who wrote it...

Cheers for the info Lt, I might have to check it out after this weeks Welcome to the NHK...

Xeoran did you see them in the flesh as it were? (maybe the flash haha oh wait its not funny...) theres at least five of them I'm desperate to own... gonna have to lok on Ebay, I was thinking of getting the Game of Thrones boardgame with the last of my free cash, or maybe take a chick out, but I'm begining to realise this is a much better investment :D

These figures are very cool. Things keep on looking better on the pre-painted front.

I was thinking of getting the Game of Thrones boardgame with the last of my free cash, or maybe take a chick out, but I'm begining to realise this is a much better investment

If she's rich, take the girl out. Much better long term investment.:D

Cheers,

Eisho

Hehe dont have to tell me that, that's my life plan :D
In the immortal words of Groucho Marx "Will you marry me and are you rich... answer my secound question first"

But even so, a boardgame which I'll never be able to read the rules of, let alone play, bought solely for the purpose of sticking a couple of models on a shelf... sure is tempting!

Just had an Email back from William Grosselin of TakeOnYou -

HI,

we hope that Tannhäuser (english version) will be available at the beginning of the next year.

thank you for your comments

William

That news has made me very happy :D

No, I havent seen them in a flesh but I know a guy from the French mag Ravage who said the pre paints werent great (compared to AT-43 and SST;Evo, better than 'clix).

This is just wow!

It do seems alot like the RPG I'm working on but what the heck, now I know what minis to use :D

I'll check out the site when I get the time.

Back