[Xoth.Net Publishing] Land of the Silver Lotus, new sword and sorcery adventure module

thulsa

Mongoose
Hi,

"Land of the Silver Lotus" is a stand-alone sword and sorcery adventure module for character levels 4-6, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and usable with any fantasy roleplaying game (such as the Conan d20 RPG by Mongoose Publishing!).

Narcotic plants, hostile pygmies, giant slugs, and ancient evils -- face them all in this mini-campaign!

"Sail due east from Iraab, O traveller, to the verdant isles where pale blossoms sway in the moonlight to the throb of native drums. But beware the treacherous hidden reefs, which can shatter a ship and send you to a watery grave before you even set foot on dry land! If you can make landfall and offer a satisfying bribe to Tiku, the decadent Pygmy King, there are great riches and marvelous sights awaiting you deep within the inland jungles. That is, if you dare to venture past the bleached bones of countless fools who have gone before you into the places that are taboo ..."

The book includes amazing original artwork by Kent Burles, and cartography by Billiam Babble and Kosmic Dungeon.

The book is available both as a PDF and in print. Check out this page for more information:

http://xoth.net/publishing/xp4

And by the way... did you know that there is a FREE, 60-page Player's Guide to the World of Xoth available on the website? It contains chapters on the Races, Cultures, Classes, Swords, Sorcery, Cults, Lands, and Legends of Xoth; in short, everything you need to roll up a character and start playing in the World of Xoth! The book is packed with all-new, all-original artwork especially commissioned for this book, including illustrations of each and every race of Xoth. Grab your FREE copy of the Player's Guide to the World of Xoth today!

- thulsa

Xoth.Net Publishing
http://xoth.net/publishing

thulsa said:
Hi,

"Land of the Silver Lotus" is a stand-alone sword and sorcery adventure module for character levels 4-6, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and usable with any fantasy roleplaying game (such as the Conan d20 RPG by Mongoose Publishing!).

Narcotic plants, hostile pygmies, giant slugs, and ancient evils -- face them all in this mini-campaign!
A good thing you are there. I tried to contact you through your web site but I didn't receive any answer. If I want to purchase your books through Lulu, how can I make the difference between the Pathfinder, Legend and Sword & Wizardry versions?
For instance, which system does this one use: http://www.lulu.com/shop/xothnet-publishing/the-spider-gods-bride/paperback/product-15474297.html

Where would you place the adventure during the Hyborian Age? In the Black Kingdoms, I assume? Any particular kingdom? But...maybe parts of Stygia?

The King said:
A good thing you are there. I tried to contact you through your web site but I didn't receive any answer.

When was this, and how? Did you use the contact form on the website? I answer all messages I get, not sure why I haven't seen yours.

The King said:
If I want to purchase your books through Lulu, how can I make the difference between the Pathfinder, Legend and Sword & Wizardry versions?

All my books on Lulu are Pathfinder only (with the exception of Spider-God's Bride, which was written before Pathfinder and is therefore plain old 3.5E).

To buy the Legend versions of the books, you need to order them through Mongoose Publishing (either on mongoosepublishing.com or on drivethrurpg.com).

There are no Swords & Wizardry versions of the books.

For Spider-God's Bride, there is however a conversion booklet for the Conan RPG which can be downloaded via the product page at http://xoth.net/publishing/xp1/index.htm

The King said:
For instance, which system does this one use: http://www.lulu.com/shop/xothnet-publishing/the-spider-gods-bride/paperback/product-15474297.html

Again, all my books on Lulu are Pathfinder only (with the exception of Spider-God's Bride, which was written before Pathfinder and is therefore plain old 3.5E).

Hope this helps,

- thulsa

Supplement Four said:
Where would you place the adventure during the Hyborian Age? In the Black Kingdoms, I assume? Any particular kingdom? But...maybe parts of Stygia?

Since this adventure takes place on an island, it is very easy to set it basically "anywhere" in a given campaign world. For the Hyborian Age, I think I would place the Silver Lotus Isles among the Southern Isles (or slightly north of them), and have Kwalu and his kin be originally from an ancient people of the Black Kingdoms, perhaps ancient Atlaians. The adventure could be used more or less as-is in Hyboria. Perhaps throw in some snake-men from Yanyoga to make things even more interesting... :)

- thulsa

Well, dammit, I said that I wouldn't buy another Thulsa project without a d20 Mongoose Conan companion like you did for Spider God's Bride, but....to hell with that. This looks good. I'm buying it.

thulsa said:
The King said:
A good thing you are there. I tried to contact you through your web site but I didn't receive any answer.

When was this, and how? Did you use the contact form on the website? I answer all messages I get, not sure why I haven't seen yours.
Yes, I used the contact form on your web site. As to when..., may be 4-6 months ago.

All my books on Lulu are Pathfinder only (with the exception of Spider-God's Bride, which was written before Pathfinder and is therefore plain old 3.5E).

To buy the Legend versions of the books, you need to order them through Mongoose Publishing (either on mongoosepublishing.com or on drivethrurpg.com).

There are no Swords & Wizardry versions of the books.
Thanks for the info. I confused with Frog God Games (formerly Necromancer Games) which release its books in 3 systems (Pathfinder, Swords & Wizardry and DD5).

Supplement Four said:
I just completed purchase.

Note to others. I found a 35% off coupon online. Just do a Google.
Can't find it. Is it the pdf or the printed version that you bought? If the latter, I'd be interested to have the link (can you send me an mp?)

The King said:
Yes, I used the contact form on your web site. As to when..., may be 4-6 months ago.

Sorry to have missed it; as far as I know the contact form is still working. Anyway, you have my attention now! :)

You could also get in touch via the forums at http://xoth.net/forums/

- thulsa

The King said:
Supplement Four said:
I just completed purchase.

Note to others. I found a 35% off coupon online. Just do a Google.
Can't find it. Is it the pdf or the printed version that you bought? If the latter, I'd be interested to have the link (can you send me an mp?)

Looks like it is 40% today. Try the code HUGESAVINGS.

Supplement Four said:
The King said:
Supplement Four said:
Oh, and I bought the print version. I prefer them over pdf's.
I also prefer print versions. But where did you get this code? On Lulu?

No, I just did a Google search for "Lulu Coupon". Did you try the code HUGESAVINGS?
No but I understand now how you proceeded. I do the same with other shops but I rarely order on Lulu. I'll try this week-end if I find the time. Thanks anyway. :)

Supplement Four said:
No, I just did a Google search for "Lulu Coupon". Did you try the code HUGESAVINGS?
Just tried (wanted to get the 4 books) but the code you gave me isn't valid outside the US.

The King said:
Supplement Four said:
Just tried (wanted to get the 4 books) but the code you gave me isn't valid outside the US.

I would just try to google, then. Lulu is always having sales.

Out of the four, Spider-God's Bride is the best and a hell of a deal. It's a collection of 10 adventures plus background material. It's great for Conan or for the world of Xoth. If you look on Thulsa's site, there's an excellent Conan RPG conversion booklet. I wish Thulsa would provide the same for the other adventures. The others (two--haven't received the newest one yet) are real good and have a real S&S feel, but they're the size of standard adventures.

Supplement Four said:
I would just try to google, then. Lulu is always having sales.

Out of the four, Spider-God's Bride is the best and a hell of a deal. It's a collection of 10 adventures plus background material. It's great for Conan or for the world of Xoth. If you look on Thulsa's site, there's an excellent Conan RPG conversion booklet. I wish Thulsa would provide the same for the other adventures. The others (two--haven't received the newest one yet) are real good and have a real S&S feel, but they're the size of standard adventures.
The best I can get for now is a 5% discount. I was already interested by Spider-God's Bride but it was not easily available in conventional shops, even those with mail-orders.

Supplement Four said:
The King said:
I was already interested by Spider-God's Bride but it was not easily available in conventional shops, even those with mail-orders.

Lulu's printed stuff is top notch. I'm very happy with them.
Do you still play often?

Back