Wrath of the Ancients - on PDF & Pre-Order

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The conclusion to the mighty 'Ancients' campaign is now here - Wrath of the Ancients is now available on PDF and pre-order!

You can grab your own copy right here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/products/wrath-of-the-ancients

Wrath of the Ancients_front cover.jpg

The Travellers have defeated an Ancient, but the struggle is not yet over. A telepathic nightmare leads the Travellers to a crashed vessel on a desolate moon, where they discover a threat to all Charted Space. The Ancient Tsyamoykyo, once the least of his kind, plans to implement a reign of terror. Meanwhile, something is happening to the Travellers. They are growing in power, developing new abilities. Can they learn to guide the process, becoming whatever they want to be?

The Travellers seek the wisdom of Eskayloyt, lost homeworld of the Droyne, and confront sadistic researchers at Imperial Research Station Gamma. Their quest leads to a backwater world where Tsyamoykyo is building a giant war machine, and from there into his very fortress. Confronting their greatest foe, the Travellers will decide the fate of the Ancients and perhaps all Charted Space.

The table of contents is absent. I need that information (in the pdf too (and most definitely in the printed book)).

Last edited:
If you're going to include things like disintegrate guns/ abilities and fusion guns, at least give stats/ rules for them ......

They are all discussed in the Central Supply Catalogue. A Disintegrator at the Ancients' tech level does at least 2DD damage. (so 2d6 x 10). Advise wearing Disintegration Shields.

The disintegrator bomb is "everything within a certain range is gone"and that is in Wrath. So I'd tend to agree with you about the good and bad end :D

So, once the game's played through, what are you going to do with those superpowered characters?
I was thinking they should be put through the Fifth Frontier War. Kick both sides in the face and not even break out a sweat. Hop-4 space folding drives, D-guns, G482 shock troops, little pocket universes in every storeroom closet ... The characters' little ship hiding in the photospheres of stars, fuelling up as your characters sit and watch the space fireworks ...

Thanks for the replies. There are no references to Disintegrators in the CSC at all. The Fusion guns in CSC are the bulky Imperial versions rather than the pistols and rifles in WOTA, which give basic damage but no other stats or restrictions.

I really like the Uplift section, and also the Self-Discovery section which allows your Traveller to focus their changes.
I was thinking that the humans who discover the uplift processes could begin to realise that they don't have to accept the packages offered to them, and they could take matters into their own hands.
I've just come up with a list of alternate uplift packages which human uplift Travellers could develop, including some new Special Abilities, if anyone's interested.

Back