Which would you prefer as minatures?

• The Troopers from the Films

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The power armour troopers from the Animated Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trooper Pete

Mongoose
Why were'nt the troopers in the game made like the ones from the Films?
Because I think they look better than the power armour ones in the animated series.

Any one here think the same or diferent? :?:

ok the animated series with power suits i presume you mean the mahga version,, these cant be done for liceince reasons..

the fim troopers are being released very shortly,, so not lont to wait.. i voted for fim troopers as i like them for generic future scifi games..

reading you post though,, it suddenly hit me after i voted,, you meany the CGI power troopers.. and to be honest i lover the cgi power troopers..

there are times you wish you could change your vote.. lol

there are lots of different designs for MI armour

1:Book descriptions and illistrations done over the years
2: The move armour
3: the jap Manga version
4: the Cgi version (a realistic favourite for me)
5: whatever the future holds ;)

i certainly do not like think the mice MI are better then the Series MI. THe movie MI Betreay everything Starship troopers was about, up to including basic moral midset ( the book's " leave no one behind" compared to the movies " Shoot them and put them out of thier misery before you leave them to be food)

The CGI was far more true to the original idea to starship troopers. and looked pretty darn cool. how many ripp-offs and similar figures of guys in flak vests and helmets are out there? the CGI series MI are a far better place to start as they far more unique, nad

Ok to say that that the movie “betrayed” the book, come on!

Do you know what the point of the book was?
It was a political essay, written to counter spin the popular opinion that was created when he wrote and released the book “Stranger in a strange land” – do you grok?

SST is about being a citizen, and the things one must do to become one (service)

I won’t disagree with you that they butchered the story, removing the beloved power suits certainly sucked, but I think the SST movie had a pretty good flavor to it
Not quite on the mark, but in the ballpark for sure IMHO

However I did vote for the power suits
For an action / adventure setting against giant bugs I think it is necessity
And generally when fans think of the storey, they remember the marauders!
And who can blame them, power suits are very cool

I only wish that both visualizations had the proper power suits

Very sorry if my response angers you
Just my half dollars worth

Return fire!

Thanks

:wink:

Both!
Different grades of power suit?
I loved the book, but I loved the film too :) For different reasons, so maybe light and heavy power suits????

Now I could be wrong, but if memory serves I recall there were three types of marauder suits in the book

Command
Reconnaissance
Standard

That’s what I am thinking about, as in the original book the only personal that were not in marauder suits were Fleet staff, and the Telepaths that they would bring down to sense the bugs below the surface.

Does this sound right? Or am I completely off base?

Thanks

:roll:

[SK said:
Delta7"]Now I could be wrong, but if memory serves I recall there were three types of marauder suits in the book

Command
Reconnaissance
Standard

That’s what I am thinking about, as in the original book the only personal that were not in marauder suits were Fleet staff, and the Telepaths that they would bring down to sense the bugs below the surface.

Does this sound right? Or am I completely off base?

Thanks

:roll:

You are correct - the difference between the suits was how much 'jump juice', speed, and communications equipment each had. The RPG does a decent job of addressing this situation, even if not fully.

As for the movie betraying the book... that's impossible, as Verhoeven and his writer only read the dust jacket and the dramatis personae... can't betray what you haven't read.

WOW

Hey every watched the SST movie with directors commentary from P. Verhoeven?

They did read it believe it or not!
And they really wanted to do the suits, but it wasn’t in the budget

I know many of you out there wished the movie had power suits
I don’t disagree, I wanted them too!

But give the film makers some credit here
They did the best they could with in the limitations that they were given

Just because you are the director of a film does not mean that you have supreme control over everything
Budgets are generally handled by producers, who may not care about artistic visions, authenticity, or all those little details that fans may be waiting to see
Remember not everyone cares, truly, lots of them just want to sell as much as they can to make more money, more money….

However I think there is hope for this in the future, with classic works like TLOTR finally being done justice on the big screen

Just a penny from my thoughts

Thanks

And next salvo please, this is starting to hurt!

:lol:

"Light Infantry" as in the movie are on their way!

rumour has it that "extra heavy" drop capsule suits are also on their way!

Only time will tell for sure on the second item bt Light Infantry are a definite for September!

- Stratos

Nah... I'll just agree to disagree here -- the novel could have easily been made into a very good movie. As a CGI thrill ride with bugs and slaughter and what not, it was fun. As for the rest of it... well, this has been done to death in other threads wherein I have spouted my two cents.

Granted, I do like what Mongoose has done with the light infantry...bug food....

I voted film. They're the one's I'm mainly interested in. I hope the issues with the Light MI don't cause too much of a set back in their release date....

I watched the film first
Then watched the CGI series
Then read the book
now play the game.

All of them have good and bad, I hope Mongoose can carry forward the universe so that we can all have fun in it! :D

Back