Where do I get a refund

nexus-games

Mongoose
My BF :evo rulebook arrived yesterday and today I sat down and read it.. 10 minutes later I have a feeling of absolute disgust and the feeling I have been totally ripped off...

What a waste of money, All you seem to get is some rules for Aircraft, Structures and a whole 4 pages given to "special rules"...

The book is almost half the size of the SST rule book yet the same price.

To top it all off I load up todays S&P to read the sniper cards and discover you've added rules to the game that are not included in the "Advanced Rulebook"...

I was willing to support mongoose on this one, just took me a while to finish off some other projects..

No I'm utterly disgusted and what I've been sold, and there is still no word on the future of this game except for "secret talks"

So who do I send my book to to get my money back?

A very disgruntled customer.

Err... that's just one rule, and can be added to your current book at little to no charge. Just print out the offending rule from S&P and tuck the printed page into the book.

Hiromoon said:
Err... that's just one rule, and can be added to your current book at little to no charge. Just print out the offending rule from S&P and tuck the printed page into the book.
I don't think hes happy with the overall product, in such case he should request a refund from were he bought it.

Well that's a given. Unless he ordered it directly from MGP, he should contact the retailer who sold it to him in the first place.

It never ceases to amaze me when people demand money from the company that makes a product when they really should be hitting up the point of sale place for their money back.

Well I don't know where nexus games is, but in the UK, not liking the content of a book doesn't qualify you for a refund. Now if the physical production quality of the book is inferior, in the UK you would be eligible for a refund, but no such problem was stated.

You could try contacting mongoose on sales@mongoosepublishing.com but I'd suggest a much less confrontational tone.

LBH

Fanboys you've clearly missed the point, the Advanced Rulebook is a con plain and simple. It fails to do what it says on the box...

to quote the mongoose website:

This rulebook provides many advanced rules such as battles involving emplacements, air units, artillery, minefields, lots of new scenarios to test your tactical capabilities, army lists, and a complete campaign system

many advanced rules... 4 pages and 14 rules... thats not many, to be fair 6 of these are additional equipment and are not really rules after all.

army lists???? pardon.. where? 4 pages of fluff for each force and some guidelines as to whats command/support/infantry etc you can take does not qualify as an army list.

This is not about liking the contents of a product.. this is about being sold a substandard product, in which the the basic premise is incorrect.. This is not an advanced rulebook... this is a medium level lets throw a few extra ideas in book so we can make some quick bucks and keep people happy...

And yes it's just one extra rule, but thats the point... it could be one it could be 10... how long before I need to buy another book to fill in the gaps where the "Advanced Rulebook" did not contain the rules?

I like the prepaints... I'd rather buy them that AT43 miniatures. I think they're better (and I'm really in the minority round my area) I like the idea of BF:Evo... I'm just re ally p****d off that mongoose has screwed me out of more money for a low quality product.

I dearly wanted Mongoose to get this right after a bit of a bad start.. I did and do still believe this game could be the dogs knackers.. I also believe that someone at mongoose HQ should be beated around the head severely for putting out this product.

Call me a fanboy but I think its a great book and for a mere 25 bucks it a bargain. Go try and get a WH40K rulebook or a Flames of War rulebook for that price.

You can't please everyone, and everyone has an opinion. If you don't like it, I respect your opinion. Just don't play the fan boy card with people you disagree with.

Most people return products from where they buy them, why not try that?

rvrratt said:
Call me a fanboy but I think its a great book and for a mere 25 bucks it a bargain.

Well given the Mongoose exchange rate it certainly seems as if both could be true :D

Well, I can accept wanting to protest at what you consider a fleacing at the hands of Mongoose, but don't give it as the reason for your refund.
I'll go with the other guys and say take it back where you bought it from and say 'I was given this as a gift and I dont want it/already have a copy/dont know what they were thinking'.

If its off the Mongoose site... Don't they have a policy of replacing or refunding products you're not 100% happy with?

rvrratt said:
Call me a fanboy but I think its a great book and for a mere 25 bucks it a bargain. Go try and get a WH40K rulebook or a Flames of War rulebook for that price.

Thats a bit of a spurious argument, don't you think -

Battlefield Evolution - 96 pages for £15 (UK Money) and Boardgames Geek's review is a typical one (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/172646).
Upon saying that, despite its lack (for me) of depth, I quite enjoyed reading it.

The Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook however, sports 288 pages (nearly three times as many pages for double the price (UK Money). C'mon rvrratt you can surely see the cost effectiveness there!

The Flames of War Rule Book, 2nd Edition, is Hardback, and also has more pages (258 Pages to be precise). A nicer product than the 40k RB (The FOW Book is full colour) and the binding is better too.

To even compare the BFE Rule Book from the point of view of "value for money" is really REALLY daft, as it simply cannot compare!

MaxSteiner said:
If its off the Mongoose site... Don't they have a policy of replacing or refunding products you're not 100% happy with?

Yes they do -

If you are not completely satisfied with your order, we guarantee to exchange any goods or refund your money, provided you contact us within seven days of receiving your order.

Before returning unsatisfactory goods please contact us.

PLEASE NOTE: Mongoose Publishing is not responsible for costs incurred in supplying or returning correctly supplied and undamaged goods, and we reserve the right to charge a handling fee of up to 25% of the value of the goods. We recommend that returned items are sent by Recorded Delivery. In the case of wrongly supplied or damaged goods we will refund your postage costs.

Mongoose Publishing reserves the right to alter or amend the specifications and/or prices of the products offered for sale, or withdraw them completely without prior notice.

Our Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
rvrratt said:

Battlefield Evolution - 96 pages for £15 (UK Money) and Boardgames Geek's review is a typical one (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/172646).
Upon saying that, despite its lack (for me) of depth, I quite enjoyed reading it.

The Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook however, sports 288 pages (nearly three times as many pages for double the price (UK Money). C'mon rvrratt you can surely see the cost effectiveness there!

The Flames of War Rule Book, 2nd Edition, is Hardback, and also has more pages (258 Pages to be precise). A nicer product than the 40k RB (The FOW Book is full colour) and the binding is better too.

To even compare the BFE Rule Book from the point of view of "value for money" is really REALLY daft, as it simply cannot compare!

Well, I was refering to cost to play. I recently purchased the FoW Rulebook and FoW Festung Europa. Cost: $90 Now I have to go drop some cash on miniatures. Thats alot of money spent and haven't even played yet.

That said, everyone has a particular point of view, thats mine.

rvrratt said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
rvrratt said:

Well, I was refering to cost to play. I recently purchased the FoW Rulebook and FoW Festung Europa. Cost: $90 Now I have to go drop some cash on miniatures. Thats alot of money spent and haven't even played yet.

That said, everyone has a particular point of view, thats mine.

See to me whenever I start a new game, the rules are 'outside my budget' meaning I set money aside especially for the rules - it doesn't come out of my Miniatures spending.

Again, thats just me.

Let me get this straight, people are complaining that the free rules online and included in unit packs are basically too good because a $25 rulebook, which is really stinking cheap for a miniature rulebook, doesn't add enough odds and ends to the free starter rules.

Some people aren't ever going to be happy.

I'm very happy with the books content, it does exactly what it say's on the tin with a neat campaign idea too which I'll be starting with 8 players tomorrow; unfortunately the pages are falling out but have been promised that a new book will be sent out.

hithero said:
I'm very happy with the books content, it does exactly what it say's on the tin with a neat campaign idea too which I'll be starting with 8 players tomorrow; unfortunately the pages are falling out but have been promised that a new book will be sent out.

I had that with my FOW 2nd Edition!

In the name of all that is holy. . . don't hold up GW as a model of good pricing.

Sure. . . their rulebooks may be less on a dollar per page basis. . . but that's only because they've adopted the "first one's free" approach used by drug dealers. They know that they can sell you a book at or close to cost. . . maybe even at a loss. . . because they'll make it back 100x over when you buy your first army.

Also, remember GW has a much larger installed player base. That means much larger print runs for their books, with correspondingly lower per-copy printing costs. Holding Mongoose to that standard when they have a tiny sliver of the market is not fair. Nobody could meet it.

The guys at GW are smart. They know how to get the money out of your pockets once you've decided to buy. . . they're just a little shortsighted in terms of the long-term profitability of their current business model.

To be fair, the battlefield evo book model is not too much different than the Warmachine/ Hordes model of placing cards/poster rules in the starters and a "advanced"rulebook with additional rules. honestly other than rules for infantry there isn't much in the warmachine rulebooks either. the only difference is you run the risk of buying a unit you cannot use without the advanced book. if you decide to start buying warmachine by pick and choose army and then get the basic rules, you run the risk of having units you cannot use. That's the delicat balance make units that you cannot use without a book, or make all the units useable out of the box and make the avialable amount of rules in the book much lower. Personally I have yet to play BFE (though I have played plenty of SST) and looking at the evo material I've seen I can't see how much depth they are going to put into the new book. but hey the book is still a good central location for all of the material.

the differance is warmachine/hordes books give you the whole army and its stats before you buy a figure. also they are amazingly gorgeous with great art and background material so 10x (or more) the quality of the BFevo book.

Back