Where are the Blips?

A

Anonymous

I have read in a previous message that the Earth Alliance Fact book would have rules for playing Blips. The Psi Corp section of the book says, "Blips, too, are available as a special class, although they are treated somewhat differently."

I can't find the rules for Blips in the EAFB, so my question would be when and where will these rules be reveiled?

Chris Kobbe

I suppose those were cut from the final product for space reasons (I heard Agent-1 delivered a lot more material then mongoose had room in their book...

Another missing thing - the nuke rules for the Mjolnier Cruise missile - the text says "see the description of the Tyr (above) for more details", but I can't find any tyr description... so I guess it was cut during editing too.

Well, seems like Mongoose now has a pile of material cut from the EA-book draft A-1 sent them... but I suppose they won't just throw it away, but recycle it whenever another topic-related product has some empty pages left... or put some of it in their "Signs & Portents" magazine...
(hey, matt - read this? What about an "EA Blip article"? :wink: )

Isn't "blips" a term for a rogue telepath? If so, any telepath class could become a blip. I also would surmise that if your telepath is of an advanced class and goes rogue, that the character would have to advance as a standard telepath or as another class like Lurker.

For example: Byron was a Psy Cop who left the Corp and effectively became a blip. He may have continued to advance in the Telepath class due to his continual contact with other teeps. Of cource, depending on how you see it, you could say that he gained Lurker levels on Babylon 5 during the Telepath War. Obviously he could not gain further levels in the Psi Cop advanced class.

Isn't "blips" a term for a rogue telepath?
Exactly. And there was a rumor there would be a special prestige class for it... however, the rumor may have been just that - or it was cut for space reasons. And there is that mention on p.42 quoted above...

Well, I'm sure if there IS such a thing in any form, sooner or later it'll show up in an Mongoose publication.

A blip is a rogue telepath, but this could be either an escapee from Psi Corps or a telepath who has evaded the Corps and never become a part of it. I think the latter was what was referred to in the EA book as the 'Blip' class.

There is a previous thread where Bruce Graw descriped the class as having more ability at psionic concealment. The ability Blip Hunter that the Bloodhound prestige class gets would also seems to indicate that there should be such a class.

Matt, any chance of a PDF of the Blip class?

This might well be appearing in the B5 Companion - however, we'll probably keep it as an optional thing, as the basic Telepath class is supposed to cover blips as well as Psi Corps members (and those of other races).

Greg Smith said:
A blip is a rogue telepath, but this could be either an escapee from Psi Corps or a telepath who has evaded the Corps and never become a part of it. I think the latter was what was referred to in the EA book as the 'Blip' class.

There is a previous thread where Bruce Graw descriped the class as having more ability at psionic concealment. The ability Blip Hunter that the Bloodhound prestige class gets would also seems to indicate that there should be such a class.

Matt, any chance of a PDF of the Blip class?

Ive chatted at with Bruce when i created my own BLIP CLASS, since the one he designed is in the EA book (which i have yet to pick up), so again, if your interested drop me a line on Kamokazi2000@yahoo.com if you want a copy of what i cooked up

mdraconis said:
Isn't "blips" a term for a rogue telepath?

Not exactly...

Gordon, the Psi Corps "Poster Child" was a self described "blip". He was not able to function in society due to his being a Telepath without any training for his talent.

The same thing might have occurred to Allysa Benton the Telepath that Talia and Ivanova found, Legacies. In just a few minutes Talia was able to teach her how to build a Mind Shield to block the stray thoughts that were drowning out her own thoughts.

A rogue is someone who has left the Psi Corps. A blip was never in the Corps and does not have any training in their abilities unless they are self-taught or possibly a rouge taught them. A blip is little more than a Lurker with Telepathic abilities. They would be considered insane in our society for "hearing voices" that no one else can...who knows, they may be hearing others thoughts....

Back