What size ships

JMISBEST

Mongoose
I'm toying with the idea of running a 1-off none-stop 24 Traveller Adventure that hopefully will be done with friends and if we get enough backers raise cash for charity too

Can you please come up with ideas for number and types of Naval Ships for The Pcs to lead and have at least a 50/50 chance of winning and no matter what at worst surviving as prisoners of A assortment of 4 allied Pirate Fleets that can muster 4 200 ton, 4 100 ton, 2 300 ton, 1 600, 1 500 ton and 1 400 ships

PS I've got a few ideas of my own, that I won't list here as at least 3 of the 5 players claim they browse here as none member at least once a week, but I also want and value the opinions of others who are very likely be better then me at this sort of thing and definitely not worse then me at this sort of thing. Please help?

Traveller is a role playing game. The idea is your players act out the roles of the characters they create.

Fighting a fleet vs fleet engagement is a wargame; games like Mayday, Battle Rider, Power Projection are better at modelling ship combat on this scale.

Nobody knows this sort of thing. To be able to answer specific questions of this sort you'd have to run thousands of simulations using different parameters. And that's without considering the many ways players might alter the situation by doing something bizarre.

And in any case, it's not really the point. The point is to play a game, do stuff, have fun... not to obtain a specific outcome.

So if you really want to do this, take a guess and go for it. You have as much idea as anyone else how it will work out.

JMISBEST said:
I'm toying with the idea of running a 1-off none-stop 24 Traveller Adventure that hopefully will be done with friends and if we get enough backers raise cash for charity too

Can you please come up with ideas for number and types of Naval Ships for The Pcs to lead and have at least a 50/50 chance of winning and no matter what at worst surviving as prisoners of A assortment of 4 allied Pirate Fleets that can muster 4 200 ton, 4 100 ton, 2 300 ton, 1 600, 1 500 ton and 1 400 ships

PS I've got a few ideas of my own, that I won't list here as at least 3 of the 5 players claim they browse here as none member at least once a week, but I also want and value the opinions of others who are very likely be better then me at this sort of thing and definitely not worse then me at this sort of thing. Please help?

Start a YouTube channel, and talk about this there. People will decide from there if your ideas will fly or not.

Back