What setiing/time period are you using?

Charakan

Mongoose
Just wondering what setting/time period Traveller referees are running their campaigns in.

I'm in the process of writing a campaign set in the 3I on the eve of Strephons assassination.

Still undecided what version of Traveller to use, so I just have a few notes and loose plot outlines at the moment.

How about you?

My current traveller campaign is set in the 1105 onwards period (current year of game is 1106). My next campaign will be set in the new era peroid, using the current rule set with a few of my own house rules.

Should add that I'm going to set my campaign in the Spinward Marches and after a few days deliberating have decided to use MGT, basically its very slick and makes for a fast game compared to say the Hero or GURPS versions.

I try not to plan to far ahead as the PCs always end up doing something unexpected and tend to run scenarios that are more episodic than have an overarching storyline.

Now if only I could find a way to edit the title of this thread.

Post Human/Covenant war-ish...

Quasi-TNE.

H. Beam Piper's Space Vikings.

With strong Post-human flavor.

I abandoned the OTU a long time ago....

Though I have been considering a "dark" Imperium setting, with score of minor nobles and powers jockeying for their own ends/advantage with the larger construct of the Imperium.

Circa 1105, but set in Egryn (in the Trojan Reach sector) so most 'big' canonical events will be little more than news reports.

When I run Traveller in the Imperial setting, I prefer the 1248 milieu myself. :)

Although I have recently discovered the Collapsed Imperial setting that Golan has been posting about on his blog, and I find that a very interesting proposition.

Enjoy,
Flynn

I am currently running in 1105. about half way through the year.

It is not following the standard 3I setting, already things are changing.

Homebrew universe centered on Earth out to 50 light years. The map is basically a big hexagon with about 130 systems/deep space stations present; I actually used a near star list, but then came up with some odd method to make the map 2d - more about ease-of-use than accuracy.. Starting year is 2358AD.

Stuie said:
Homebrew universe centered on Earth out to 50 light years. The map is basically a big hexagon with about 130 systems/deep space stations present; I actually used a near star list, but then came up with some odd method to make the map 2d - more about ease-of-use than accuracy.. Starting year is 2358AD.

I would be interested in seeing it as I am considering a similar setting.

I'm using the 3I in 1105 in the Spinward Marches and the Trojan Reach (although the campaign's into 1107 by this point). I've changed QUITE a few things, however, in order to make this MY Imperium (going as far as removing entire major races from the map) and I don't feel locked into any published future time line. My players are free to create their own destinies and so is the universe.

That said, I'm looking forward to the 2300 book and I'd love to see other campaign settings based out of Earth within the next millennium.

When I get done with my campaign project (link in signature), Solomani Rim towards the end of the Long Night.

Sturn said:
When I get done with my campaign project (link in signature), Solomani Rim towards the end of the Long Night.

Your setting looks really interesting Sturn, I'll take a better look at it when I've got more time, but at least its something different.

Nice to see a lot of people using homebrew settings.

Gateway Domain in 990. I converted my T20 campaign to MGT, though I'm only running a solitaire game at the moment, but it all might come in handy as background fluff if I ever get time to pin my players down for an evening.

First Imperium, towards the end of the Consoladation Wars. Unautherized expansion into new territory has been mostly halted. The use of Jump 2 ships is becomeing more common. The exploration and setelment of worlds off the Jump 1 mains and the disruptions caused by the changeing trade paterns, is the focus of the game.

I recently ran a campaign set in TNE:1248 Spinward Marches using MGT rules.

I am working on TWO alternate settings...

A Collapsed Imperium setting, also called a Proto-Imperium, where Sectors are collapsed to Subsector size, basically making the setting smaller. The Imperium will also be a lot darker in this setting.

I am also working on a Homebrew Setting called the Pleiades Cluster Campaign. The setting is based on a group of people stranded on the far side of the Pleiades Star Cluster after an very weird mis-jump. I am making a 1500 year timeline with 4 Milieus for gaming (every 500 years). The setting is 1 sector in size. I am also adding in several non-Traveller things, like Wormholes and Stargates and Contra-Gravity is a TL12 design, not TL9, so reaction drives at lower TLs and Maneuver Drives at higher TLs.

Newest Date, Third Imperium all Aslan game (Say it....say Thundercats.....).....

Also doing, a jack Chalkers Well World setting, considering a 4 Lords of the Diamond setting as well.....

Finally. Cowboy Bebop. Lota Fun.

~Rex
:twisted:

I'm using the 1105-1110 era... the classic Traveller era. Lots of good material and I meet sooo many of the people I talk to at cons and run demos for have barely heard of the old game Traveller let alone know there's a new version.

That period also has good modules then, lots of information...

GURPS "Alternate-1120" Timeline In the Spinward Marches and neighboring sectors such as Foreven and Trojan Reach.

It's been 10 years after the 5FW, most PC are war veterans. Some go the merc route, other are agents for hire. Most are just guys who own(in-part) a ship and just want to keep flying in the Firefly sense.

In their way are mischievous Vargr pi-er-um-merchants, plotting nobles, Zhodani agents and corporate espionage always involving some hi-tech gizmo.

I've taken the Classic modules and converted them into a "Return to" type series. Mithril has seen alot of changes. X-TEK wants it for a testing facility, but the current excavations are delaying that. Chamax were fun to use, again... :twisted:

Back