what parts of Conan are OGL???

Wow. Quite interesting to find out that the cybernet soundtrack was mixed in Acid Music Pro (or some variant). I've been an Acid user for a short time 3 years ago. Mostly amatuer stuff. Unfortunatley, nothing is posted at acid planet (which their new web design is better than their old, but not as good as the original).

For those who wonder, Acid is a product that is (now) owned by sony that allows you to mix tracks and whatnot. Not talking about the drug.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Wow. Quite interesting to find out that the cybernet soundtrack was mixed in Acid Music Pro (or some variant). I've been an Acid user for a short time 3 years ago. Mostly amatuer stuff. Unfortunatley, nothing is posted at acid planet (which their new web design is better than their old, but not as good as the original).

For those who wonder, Acid is a product that is (now) owned by sony that allows you to mix tracks and whatnot. Not talking about the drug.

Actually, while I do use Acidplanet.com/Stratos as a host for free downloads and streaming audio versions of my remixes and originals - I use Sonar to record and produce in. Sonar is part of the Cakewalk software series.

When I started composing original music as Stratos in 2000, I began with Acid Pro 1 and advanced to 3.0 before switching over the Sonar (which is a "real" studio application and not just a loops-based editing program). I still use a wide variety of loops from Sonic Foundry / Sony Acid Music but they're layered in with my original bass guitar, keys & synth, and guest drums & guitar work.

- Stratos

btw: how did this topic change come about?

baileyrecords said:
Odovacar's Ghost said:

Actually, while I do use Acidplanet.com/Stratos as a host for free downloads and streaming audio versions of my remixes and originals - I use Sonar to record and produce in. Sonar is part of the Cakewalk software series.

When I started composing original music as Stratos in 2000, I began with Acid Pro 1 and advanced to 3.0 before switching over the Sonar (which is a "real" studio application and not just a loops-based editing program). I still use a wide variety of loops from Sonic Foundry / Sony Acid Music but they're layered in with my original bass guitar, keys & synth, and guest drums & guitar work.

- Stratos

btw: how did this topic change come about?

Acid 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 for me.

Yes, I also have used Cakewalk Sonar. Which I have also moved to. That is one highly complex program. Which is one reason why I now have two sound cards in my computer. I've seen (want) those high end sound cards with 1/4" jacks in them. But, this is merely a hobby. I've played around with the Sonar Producer Edition, but didn't care to fork out $800 or so for it.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Yes, I also have used Cakewalk Sonar. Which I have also moved to. That is one highly complex program. Which is one reason why I now have two sound cards in my computer. I've seen (want) those high end sound cards with 1/4" jacks in them. But, this is merely a hobby. I've played around with the Sonar Producer Edition, but didn't care to fork out $800 or so for it.

So... this thread is officially "hijacked" for music talk talk - cool! :)

I have two of said- "high end" soundcards. Two slaved Terratecs offering 16 inputs. It's very nice. And I'm running the Producer Edition - which is also very nice. Much friendlier than v.1.

Anyhow... hopfully everyone who has purchased the CyberNet Soundtrack is enjoying the product of this "music production" talks. And in 2005 you'll hear more new music by yours truly for CHOMP! (a OGL Horror Sourcebook) and 2087 (a OGL CyberNet Campaign Supplement) - both released on Kiln Publications!

Cheers!

argo said:
I
Step 2: get a lawyer. Seriously.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to get a lawyer. Good luck.

Argo, I am also a d20 writer seeking self publication. I can't afford a Lawyer as of yet, but I do make extensive studies of U.S. Copyright Law. The whole of the Copyright Act of 1978 is available at www.copyright.gov.

Check it out.

Back