WHAT PART OF SST MINIS IS YOUR FAVORITE?

WHAT PART OF SST MINIS IS YOUR FAVORITE?

• Plastic Minis (They're Awesome!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Main Rulebook (hard or softcover) - (rules are awesome!)

• Metal Minis (They're Awesome!)

• Army Books/Codexes (Neat Fluff and Rules)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i poped for rules, but i do like the minis, ive always whanted to have a near scifi system to play, i find 40k to distant and silly.

i love the mi minis though, and the modles are big and simple to paint, i hate unessary detail on figs and SST minis are more realistic as there not all carrying everything bar the kitchen sink.

i also like the inhuman enemy the bugs a race radicly different to humans, im niot a fan of humanoid aleins for the most part.

I voted the Rules. I really like these rules, they are more fun than any other similar game that I have played. I do think that the rulebook itself needs to be tidied up a bit though, but the rules concepts are awesome.

I also like the 'feel' of the SST universe and think that it has alot of potential. The MI are the classic good guys and the Arachnids are the classic alien creatures intent on destroying all other life forms....great stuff.

With a couple of exceptions, the models are generally easy to put together and paint. They would be even better if there was an M8 with a Sixgun Rotary Cannon fitted underneath each arm. What a Gun Beast !!! I am going to make one. I think I'll call it an M8 'Razorback'.

I went for the Army Books and Codex choice. I have a fondness for "fluff", and the fluffiness of SST is pretty darn interesting. My other choice would have been for the Metal Models since CHAS has been my favorite model so far.

DAMN YOU!!! There is no real favorite part of MP's stuff for me! I like it all! But for the sake of voting, I have to say that the metal minis are what I want right now, ie LAMI!!!! MANY MANY LAMI!!!

the minis, as most of them are really high standered and the detail is awsome (and gives me somthing to waste my wages on!)

Can someone help me out and tell me what a Codex is? I googled and only found reference to gameing but it is still not clear what it is.

Capt. Futura said:
Can someone help me out and tell me what a Codex is? I googled and only found reference to gameing but it is still not clear what it is.

It's the dummy's way of saying book..like the army books and stuff..just smack privateer with a brick next time you see him.

codex is awful games worshop slang for an army list.

there are no codex's in SST they are army books

realy wish people would stop using the word in regards to SST

Tough choice, but I voted for the plastic minis. Although the plastic MI are a bit fiddly with all the small parts, they certainly allow for a lot of variation, and are easily customizable. With the exception of the Tanker Bug, all the plastic Bug kits have been very nice and easy to assemble.

My 2nd choice would be for the rules.

Hiromoon said:
Capt. Futura said:

It's the dummy's way of saying book..like the army books and stuff..just smack privateer with a brick next time you see him.

Thanks!

:D

Mr Evil said:
codex is awful games worshop slang for an army list.

there are no codex's in SST they are army books

realy wish people would stop using the word in regards to SST

Thanks!

Who's gmes workshop? :wink:

I voted for the rules because I love playing this game! But I would have voted for all of the above it that was an option because I think the models are great too.

The combat system runs very quickly, and the metal MI are great, but I voted the plastic bugs. Keep the rules running a quick game, keep the MI metal and keep pumping out great plastic bugs!!!

I, like Veon above, can't vote for the "whole tamale" (all of them), so being as I've spent more time on the models than the rules, I voted plastic models. While the metal stuff is great, you can't make a Plasma Bug or Drop Ship out of pewter, you know (one example of why I voted thus). I also like the way the plastic minis can be adapted for alternate poses much more easily than metal. But having metal minis (such as with some of the MI releases) allows for players who don't like all those fiddly small separate plastic pieces to just prime & paint some MI quickly and get into the fight, as it were. So I feel the "mix" currently to be about right regarding the models. The rules are well written, but again like Veon, haven't played a bunch yet.

Back