What other books are coming?

Ulkesh

Mongoose
Wanted to ask here but does anyone know what other books will be coming out for the rpg? Like Fact books and all.

Let me see. . .

Bounty Hunters
Freedom Station
pak'ma'ra Fact Book
Gaim Fact Book
The Centaruum Campaign Book
The Raiders Campaign Book
Final Flight of Santiago
Guide to the Station
Heroes & Aliens
Ship Plans - White Star

msprange said:
BTW, The Drakh has just come into the office - looking very, very nice. . .

Cool :D thanks msprange, now the difficult part remains...the waiting :) was a bit surprised by the Gaim Fact book as i thought everything for them was in the League book but still that means more Gaim goodness hehe.

Ulkesh said:
msprange said:
BTW, The Drakh has just come into the office - looking very, very nice. . .

Cool :D thanks msprange, now the difficult part remains...the waiting :) was a bit surprised by the Gaim Fact book as i thought everything for them was in the League book but still that means more Gaim goodness hehe.

I agree more info on the Gaim is good, but since they've already been covered, I'd rather see something like a Hyach or Cascor or similiar league race factbook before Mongoose starts rehashing the 1st edition races over again. It's great the Pak'ma'ra are getting their own book, now let's see several more new races get their own books before any old ones get new books. Pretty Please! :D

Ok, not to be a negative kinda guy again, I note on this list a Gaim fact book. As the Gaim were one of the races in the original League of Non-Aligned Worlds fact book, I can't help but wonder, is this the start of the deluge of 2nd edition books for all the materials already released in 1st edition? And weren't the raiders just covered in Merchants, Traders and Raiders? I assume there'll be more fleshing out of the two above-described subjects, but once again, is it the start of the 2nd edition wave of material? I'll say it again, another company has done this kinda thing on a consistent basis, and I think (my own humble opinion) that it has cost them a fan base, and will eventually cause their downfall. Once again, a company must make money. That is a given. Allow those with the massive amount of 1st edition material to use it without having to buy just as expensive materials to make it "official" 2nd edition and expand the universe to new material.

Now, to end on a positive note, a book on the Pak'ma'ra is a very good thing. They're only slightly discussed elsewhere (I miss the cruiser taken out of Sky Full of Stars) and make for a different race. And I also believe Heroes and Aliens could be very useful, especially if it has critters in it as well as sentient beings.

Easygamer said:
Ok, not to be a negative kinda guy again, I note on this list a Gaim fact book. As the Gaim were one of the races in the original League of Non-Aligned Worlds fact book, I can't help but wonder, is this the start of the deluge of 2nd edition books for all the materials already released in 1st edition? And weren't the raiders just covered in Merchants, Traders and Raiders? I assume there'll be more fleshing out of the two above-described subjects, but once again, is it the start of the 2nd edition wave of material? I'll say it again, another company has done this kinda thing on a consistent basis, and I think (my own humble opinion) that it has cost them a fan base, and will eventually cause their downfall. Once again, a company must make money. That is a given. Allow those with the massive amount of 1st edition material to use it without having to buy just as expensive materials to make it "official" 2nd edition and expand the universe to new material.

And if we _were_ to do as you say, don't you think we would pick different books to do a 2nd edition of?

I agree...I hope there's a character class & prestige class conversion document in the works.
In my case I don't have any characters to convert over, but I'm sure some of my players will want the opportunity to play some of the specific prestige classes from previous editions.

Chernobyl

I've seen the playtester's version of the conversion stas, and while not quite complete overall, it was way more complete than what we got in the 2E book.

I just want Mongoose to finish it and release it as a pdf for download on the main site.

Last I heard from Matt, they were "working on it"

LBH

Thanks Matt...we all know you folks are busy, but nobody's happy unless they are complaining (or so I've been told!)

Chern

Another quick question (not that i am not happy about those books that are coming :p) but is there an IPX book coming out? I thought i heard that somewhere or could be my mind playing tricks on me :shock:

There is indeed an IPX book on the way, along with The Rim. We are also debating a book entitled Beyond the Rim, though its contents are more of a mystery. . .

Back