What is with the 2nd planet (Storm World) of Elysee (1525 Reft) ??

Vidgar

Banded Mongoose
It looks like a garden world but the atmosphere is dense but high - breathable, only at higher altitudes and the temperature is on the cold side, and it is covered in Ruin.
I assume a Storm world has extremely bad weather. Is there an more information on this world.

Can anyone give a newbie some insight??

My traveller may have to land for fuel since there is no Gas Giant and Elysee has warn them off (Adventure: Islands in the Reft).

What's your source for the Storm World? I can't remember it being mentioned in the adventure.
If the source is Traveller Worlds - from the Traveller5 World Builder link off of Travellermap, it's a result of random generation and not official, but perfectly usable. Or usable in the T5 version of Traveller... where how to generate a Storm World is defined, but what it actually means, isn't (or if it is, it's buried somewhere in the text and I can't find it).

Yes it is from Traveller Worlds. I plan to buy the new World builder book but I wonder what they define a Storm World as.
Elysee 2 has an air pressure of 100 Atmospheres at sea level, this is the same pressure at 1km under water.
So I don't think that a HEV suit is good enough if you want to go for a walk along the beach ??

Attachments

• Elysee.jpg
    Elysee.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 3
Yes it is from Traveller Worlds. I plan to buy the new World builder book but I wonder what they define a Storm World as.
Elysee 2 has an air pressure of 100 Atmospheres at sea level, this is the same pressure at 1km under water.
So I don't think that a HEV suit is good enough if you want to go for a walk along the beach ??
The World Builder Handbook doesn't use Storm World or Rad world or any of those. I didn't go done the route of applying labels, but instead extended the range of sizes and atmospheres a bit. (okay, a blatant plug for a book I wrote, but at least it was relevant to the response).

You'll also find the temperature calculations in Traveller Worlds use bad math from way back. I think there has been some attempt to contact the creator of Traveller worlds, but I haven't tried to do it.

A HEV might hold at 100 atmospheres, but possibly you'd need an Exploration Suit that was mentioned in Deep Night Revelations and which specifically mentions 1000 metre depths of water.

Greetings Geir,
1) How do I contact the creators of Traveller World T5?
2) Is there any way of changing the Hex Map produce in TW to match the Temperature of the description ie HERZENSLUST 7, is listed as a Rad World??? with an average temperature of -208degree C but the map show blue water ????

Greetings Geir,
1) How do I contact the creators of Traveller World T5?
2) Is there any way of changing the Hex Map produce in TW to match the Temperature of the description ie HERZENSLUST 7, is listed as a Rad World??? with an average temperature of -208degree C but the map show blue water ????
A bit of digging comes up with:
Best contact is e-mail. I have a g-mail account (jonathan dot a dot sherlock) for suggestions and feedback.

There have been recent discussions about errors, issues and inaccuracies in Traveller Worlds but the most important thing to realise is that it is not canon (check out the stats for the Terra System), despite being attached to Traveller Map.

And surface temperature calculations are one of the issues.

Back