What happened to Book 11: Pirate?

Llaeknuegh

Mongoose
Please, can anyone tell us what happened to Book 11: Pirate in the release schedule? Since the last known deadline for PDF release was March, I expected to get a new deadline or some information on production status, if the PDF wouldn't make the deadline. Instead, it vanished from the release schedule at all. Is this sourcebook still going to be published?

Some type of co-ordination with the release of Pirates of Drinax in book form would be nice.

Simon Hibbs

I heard that Book:11 Pirates was on the way to the printers, but disappeared on the way with no clue as to where they went. Piracy was not suspected as that would be just to obvious.

Oh bummer, I was really looking forward to this book as well. I would rather you push it back and make sure the content is good than rush it though. Looking at the Upcoming Releases on the home page, it lists:

◦Reft Sector Map Pack
◦Aerospace Engineer's Handbook

1) What will the Aerospace book contain, and is it for Traveller or 2300?
2) I don't see those two on the release calendar either, but I'm not sure if they ever made it that far. Were they pushed back as well?

Thanks,
Capt.

I just read through the 2300 section of the 2014 review and saw Aerospace was listed as a 2300 book, so that question is answered. I should have thought to check that ahead of time.

Lord High Munchkin said:
'Aerospace' is for Traveller, but the 2300 setting.

I understand the distinction, was just using shorthand. Thank you for the clarification though. I've considered purchasing the 2300 core rule book, is it any good? I have enough trouble trying to find someone who wants to play the standard Traveller, so I'm not sure that it's worth investing in another line of books.

CaptainOrs said:
Lord High Munchkin said:
'Aerospace' is for Traveller, but the 2300 setting.

I understand the distinction, was just using shorthand. Thank you for the clarification though. I've considered purchasing the 2300 core rule book, is it any good? I have enough trouble trying to find someone who wants to play the standard Traveller, so I'm not sure that it's worth investing in another line of books.
It's probably the best 'Traveller' setting. Far more believable than the 3rd Imperium and reasonably "hard" (as opposed to 3I "space opera").

Others will disagree, as it's all personal opinion in the end.

Lord High Munchkin said:
It's probably the best 'Traveller' setting. Far more believable than the 3rd Imperium and reasonably "hard" (as opposed to 3I "space opera").

The best is what works for you.

Back