What Green Do You Guys Use?

Adhmar

Mongoose
I have got some MI and was wondering what green do you guys use to paint your MI as I have no Idea what to use. Brand names and colour names would help me heaps.

I want a green the same colour as the Roughnecks any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks

I use citadel paints, drybrushing catachan green, then dark angels green, then goblin green. I paint the unarmoured sections black and then highlight with light grey.

Vallejo game colour dark green and then the green the next shade up.

Would be interesting to try it with the P3 paints.

However if you do the non-armour bits a different colour it sets off the green a little better.

Blood Red and either Chanimail or Boltgun Metal for me - don't feel neccesarily confined to the green scheme :)

Mine are Dark angels green highlighted with Snot green.
Mine are meant to be quite stark green. :?

For the Roughnecks I painted them catachan and then highlighted camo.

Mine are all GW colours

Dark Angels green for the shoulder pads, helmet, knee pads, gauntlets and boots.

Catachan green for the sleeves and under armour fabric bits legs.

Bolt gun metal for drybrush.

Mortia is black with a catachan green top piece and drybrushed bolt gun silver again.

Flesh i use elf flesh and some thined flesh wash.

Simple but in line with my painting skill level

I have to finish my MI army, it was a joke at first. They all bear the Welsh flag on the right half of their helmets.

When the new MI come out, I will paint them up properly. I currently only have a few bits n bobs. Loads of CAPS and the 2 main marauder suits.

I have two or three different colors of green that I like to use....

- Coat d'arms Olive
- Polly Scale Panzer Olive Green

The Coat d'Arms goes on my Power Suits
The Polly Sacle goes on my heavy equipment. It has a darker shade of green to it and really makes the details on the suits stand out.

I use catachan green and then drybrush scorpion green over that. Fortress grey gets drybrushed over the areas that stay black. Very simple, very quick, but it looks great.
squad.JPG

Catachan base on all studio MI models.

A Scorpion Green drybrushed highlight will always look good for a more simple job. (I'd avoid using Goblin Green myself, for some reason it does have a tendency to make things look like they are wearing a rubber suit :))

The Roughnecks scheme was based on Catachan Green (probably some Scab Red added to give a shade colour), Camo Green and Fortress Grey added to the Camo for highlights. It gave a more subtle natural look, less in your face and garish. The Exo suits used the same mix.

I like my MI to 'glisten' like in the Series.

Black Undercoat, Wet Brush Citadel Snot Green, Heavy Drybrush with Glistening Green (any metalic green paint will do), then glaze with a slightly thinned Tamiya Clear Green.

Thanks Guys I think I will go for the catachan green and then drybrush scorpion green method sounds easy.

Thanks Aniyn for the picture Your models look great.

I had been planning on doing a painting tutorial until the whole EVO thing made the idea seem obsolete, but maybe I'll put one together when WOS comes out....

Aniyn, I have finished my first Model Useing your painting method and It looks great, thanks for all your help.

Back