what brand?

Sock

Mongoose
I just wanted to know what the nice folks around here would recommend as far as paints. Im wondering primaraly which is better between Vallejo paints and Reaper master series paints.

Some of the experts would probably offer argument to what I'm about to suggest and may be right for all I know... I certainly am no expert that's for sure. You may want to try the cheap paints that can be had for about 75 cents at craft stores (i.e. Michaels) or even WalMart. I started using those when I first started painting just as a way to experiment and I don't see any reason to go to more expensive stuff now. I've only done about 20 models but from what I've experienced, they go on fine and are plenty durable enough, especially after I coat them with my MinWax Polycrylic sealer.

I have a ton of craft paints that I use, however those expensive paints in the dropper bottles are pretty darn awsome! Much better pigment quality, less wateryness if you don't shake the bottle first... :)

Also GW has decent paint. Their golden yellow (name is close) is really nice and thick.

Nezeray
Paint Ho... :)

I use cheap stuff from walmart and like it for the most part. You can't beat the $0.69 price :shock: The more I paint the more limitations I find when mixing colors and stuff like that. I do buy some reaper and GW stuff for colors and I've been considering going with reaper as a many paint.

I started off buying GW paints, but have found a love of Vallejo lately. I just can't stand the GW Pots anymore. The paints dry out too quickly.

I am also working through a set of Testor's Acrylic Model paint I got about 2-3 years ago. As they go, I replace them with Vallejo.

I have yet to use Vallejo paints but the range of colors is incredible something like 200.

Especially their sets specifically tailored to historic applications such as WW II various army sets, British, USA, German, Italian, Soviet etc.

Mostly I use Ceramcoat by Delta a good craft paint many colors, mixes well and works well for creating custom colors. Price is great 2 ounce bottle for 88 cents very thick thins very well for application all the way down to using it as a wash.

Plus I am one cheap Bastard, and it is carried locally. I have to mail order all the more expensive poaint brands. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am using up my Tamaiya paints I had leftover and am thinking of going with the Vallejo, I already have a set of the Vallejo inks.

My fav so far is the vallejo. I've been replacing my paints with them as I run out, and so far I'm very impressed. Much smoother application than GW, seems more opaque to boot.

Aniyn said:
My fav so far is the vallejo. I've been replacing my paints with them as I run out, and so far I'm very impressed. Much smoother application than GW, seems more opaque to boot.
same here

Back