Website Feedback

CordwainerFish

Emperor Mongoose
* How come the captcha when logging in? For creating an account it makes sense, but for logging into an existing account it just feels like a speed bump.

* It would be extremely cool if it were possible to get a list of purchased downloads that had been updated since last being downloaded. (I understand that that would likely be a spot of work.)

It would be good to be able to link my drivethrurpg account to my mongoose account.
I have backed all the Traveller kickstarters, which are now setup in my drivethru account.
I have purchased pdf's from mongoose on drivethru, but I have also purchased different pdfs and books direct.
I am now trying to rebuild my library across two platforms, with different ways of downloading the files.
To top it off, although I have backed a kickstarter and received a link to a beta copy of the pdf, now there is an updated version that on drivethru it tells me that I have not purchased.
Some manner of reconciling these accounts would be appreciated, as there are so many different titles, and renamed versions of titles, it is difficult to determine if I have the latest version and if I have already purchased it on one of the platforms.

This has crossed our minds :)

Drivethru is about to have a major update to its website, so now is not really the time, and I can imagine there might be some huge issues getting the two systems talking. But we are meeting the Drivethru guys at Gen Con, and I will bring this up!
Any word on how this was received from Drivethru from GenCon? where they open to the idea?

They brought it up before we did :)

May be a little while as there are lots of moving parts, but this could be a thing...
Well, it would be nice if somehow, the update would reconcile the physical books purchased and what has not been purchased on a product line basis so that it is easy to pick out the books that have not yet been purchased. Drive thru currently has this and it is quite helpful.

* How come the captcha when logging in? For creating an account it makes sense, but for logging into an existing account it just feels like a speed bump.
We have been chasing this one, and the implementation is a little beyond our control (we could remove it completely but that would leave us open to waves of spam accounts). However, would people mind keeping an eye on this, and letting us know if it is still happening in 4-6 weeks? We are at the mercy of developer updates, but I do know these things do get tackled...

We have been chasing this one, and the implementation is a little beyond our control (we could remove it completely but that would leave us open to waves of spam accounts). However, would people mind keeping an eye on this, and letting us know if it is still happening in 4-6 weeks? We are at the mercy of developer updates, but I do know these things do get tackled...
Still getting the captcha.

Oddly enough, I'm not getting any such captcha, and haven't since approximately March. I say oddly, because usually I'm inundated with the blasted things.

Cordwainer, are you using a VPN or similar service? Those can often trigger such annoyances.

Oddly enough, I'm not getting any such captcha, and haven't since approximately March. I say oddly, because usually I'm inundated with the blasted things.

Cordwainer, are you using a VPN or similar service? Those can often trigger such annoyances.
Not on the machine I (almost) always log in from. I also don't get it 100% of the time; it seems to hit more often if it's been some time since my last login.

The default style on the forum marks links the same as regular text - meaning it's not clear that links are even links. Maybe change that? (I'm old and Trav is old, so I say use blue with an underline.)

Back