wealth points

Jamie

Mongoose
I am just about to start a campaign using the Cybernet rules but am wondering what people think is a reasonable starting level for wealth points as I can not find any information on this in the book or the FAQ.

I am after a downtrodden hero feel to the game so the characters need to be well equiped but not so well equiped that they dont have to think about how many bullets they are using.

Jamie.

Look at page 184. There you can read which bonus a newly created 1st-level character has. The GM can give the PC some starting equipment for free without decreasing the wealth bonus (one weapon and ammo, one melee weapon, a cell phone, clothes, one impromptu armour, or other things). Then the PC have to use the Purchase-Wealth-Rules to get other equipment.

Well, just use the "normal" starting wealth rules for the game. You will get the down trodden hero feel. We had one player after creation, manage to buy a couple of items and a gun. He was then broke.

PsyJack

psyclonejack said:
Well, just use the "normal" starting wealth rules for the game. You will get the down trodden hero feel. We had one player after creation, manage to buy a couple of items and a gun. He was then broke.

PsyJack

Thats just the problem. Other than the wealth bonus in the career part of character creation I can't find any other reference to starting wealth. Kid has pointed me i nthe direction of an example character so I will take a loo kat that but 4 WP looks like it is teh highest bonus any of the careers get and that is going to be cleared out real quick and I would like the characters to have a little more than one gun and some clothes.

Jamie

A newly created 1st-level character's Wealth bonus is +0 plus:

-->Wealth provided by the character's starting occupation
-->Bonus from the Windfall feat
-->2d4 die roll
-->+1 for having 1 to 4 ranks in the Profession skill

So, I think, a character's Wealth bonus is more than +4. The character has to purchase the expensive equipment first (with decreasing the Wealth bonus) and when a character has a Wealth bonus of +0 he or she can purchase infinite equipment with a Purchase DC of 9 or lower.

Jamie said:
I am just about to start a campaign using the Cybernet rules but am wondering what people think is a reasonable starting level for wealth points as I can not find any information on this in the book or the FAQ.

I am after a downtrodden hero feel to the game so the characters need to be well equiped but not so well equiped that they dont have to think about how many bullets they are using.

Jamie.

You should purchase the CyberNet Official RPG Soundtrack to run during your campaigns... Lol! :)

- Stratos

Kid said:
A newly created 1st-level character's Wealth bonus is +0 plus:

-->Wealth provided by the character's starting occupation
-->Bonus from the Windfall feat
-->2d4 die roll
-->+1 for having 1 to 4 ranks in the Profession skill

So, I think, a character's Wealth bonus is more than +4. The character has to purchase the expensive equipment first (with decreasing the Wealth bonus) and when a character has a Wealth bonus of +0 he or she can purchase infinite equipment with a Purchase DC of 9 or lower.

just found it in the book :oops: . thanks for the advice though

Back