Vehcile pics for Minbari Factbook?

A

Anonymous

Can we please have some pics of the new vehicles and equipment detailed in the Minbari Federation Factbook?

Even just outlines so I can compare relative sizes would be useful.

Hammer of Ulric

Aye. I must agree that we need these pictures for those of us who didn't play the old B5W game.

If you go to the old Agents of Gaming Website, you can look at some of the models (and even some CGI) of the Gropos line. Not all the minis are there but its a start.

AoG Gropos webpage

AoG Stock Listing

B5wars.net Minbari Gropos gallery

Thats all I have found so far. Its been enough to figure things on in general terms.

But Mongoose needs to give us more pictures - Belt Alliance ships. Minbari vehicles. etc. I guess I go by the rule that stats are no good unless I have a picture of the vehicle to go with it. But that might just be me ;)

No games company would dream of doing a write-up for a new creature without an illustration. The same should be true for ships.

Greg Smith said:
No games company would dream of doing a write-up for a new creature without an illustration. The same should be true for ships.

Well I dont know about the other playtesters, but we actually made a point of requesting pictures for ships and vehicles for Minbari.. in fact we do for most books.

For us a stat block is all well and good, but in order to help visualise the situation an image you can quickly show them resolves all confusion and instantly paints the picture.

I'm not sure why pictures weren't included for all vehicles and ships, space issues, or further delays, additional costs etc.. its hard to say, though i'm sure it was unavoidable or inpractical. But the old addage "A picture paints a thousand words" is born of wisdom i'd say and should be heeded in where possible.

I did notice recently however, after following some posted links to AOG's miniatures in order to see what some vehicles and vessels looked like.. (And although i'm lo' to gripe) It dawned on me that many of the spacecraft in particular "are" illustrated in the action CGI scenes throughout the book.. but unless you owned the AOG miniatures or had played Bab 5 wars, which neither myself nor my group did. There was absolutely no way to identify the vessels portrayed as the pictures had no text to describe what was being depicted.

Back