Using Conan combat in a DnD game?

arcady

Mongoose
How hard would this be to do?

I don't have the Conan book (is it even out yet, It's been about two weeks since my last game store visit) yet.

But since I've been reading one form of Conan or another since I was 5 years old, you can consider me sold.

I run a DnD game at present, and plan to continue doing so. Considering standard DnD equipment, feats, and magic - how hard would it be to port in the Conan combat ideas such as armor stopping damage.

Would I need to rewrite all the armor and weapons by hand, or could I just port something in? Would the DnD feats simply not handle the change well? Or the other way around - porting in Conan feats for players to choose?

If this task is difficult, perhaps Mongoose might consider a future book for an alternative combat system to 'd20' as a future item, that takes the best
of Conan and shows how to graft it into DnD. :D

If I hear the book is out, I will start looking for it, but that said, it would be nice to see ideas on integrating Conan with DnD.

If this task is difficult, perhaps Mongoose might consider a future book for an alternative combat system to 'd20' as a future item, that takes the best of Conan and shows how to graft it into DnD.

I doubt this would warrant a book. Maybe an article in S&P or a web enhancement. But that would most likely need to be done by a fan. I don't see the marketability of an alternate combat system to distract the guys from the current projects they have on the table.

Back