updates to epicarmycard.com

Chernobyl

Cosmic Mongoose
On my multimedia page, I've posted some PNG images I've put together as terrain for ACTA. Currently I've got 6 asteroid images posted, but there's more to come, including gas clouds. Print, cut out shape to desired size, and I recommend lamination for durability.

enjoy!

Chern

Nice scenery :)

There's still typos on the tourney sheets...

Leshath is hull 4 not 5
Tinashi neutron laser range is 25 not 30
Sunhawk is hull 4 not 6

I suspect people will still play with the current tourney stats for a while, though! After all you still have pre-SFOS sheets up there...

because it isn't there.
All the SOFS ship pages have a nice screenshopt from the show highlighing the race in question. Abbai are never seen to have ships on screen, so I never had art. I asked anyone (multiple times) who had a fleet of well painted minis to put together a group shot and I'd photoshop them in on a nice background, but I never got any, so I never got around to posting them in SOFS form. They are on the tournament page though.

Chern

Well, the folks at ConQuest SF 2006 got to see them first...!

ACTA CARDS are back!

after armageddon comes out these will will be the new form of "record sheet" I do.

The demos are very fun...the first was with 4 people, each with 4 point raid in a 2 on 2 "allies" match, and the second was a smaller game (nice, because I got to play in this one!) with myself commanding 4 ISA white stars vs the EA's Omega, Chronos, and 2 Artemis.

my first time using white stars, kind of fun to play, I missed having weapons in other arcs though! :D

We used the "fighter fire first" from armageddon...works well. Another thing adding to the survivability is that the fighters often don't get shot at by non-AF weapons, since it often makes more sense to hit targets that have not yet fired.

I hope to have some card previews up soon.

Chern

I've posted the PDFs for the cards I created for the Conquest Demonstrations. You can find them on my Multimedia page. This is close to what the final cards will look like in arrangement. If anyone has feedback on ideas or comments or questions on how to use the cards, please ask them here and I'll see what improvements can be made.

Chernobyl

Does anyone have an opinion as to the use of frames on a website? I'd like to include them when I revamp my website but I want to see what others who use this forum think, as you're all sure to be the primary visitors.

Chern

Chernobyl said:
Does anyone have an opinion as to the use of frames on a website? I'd like to include them when I revamp my website but I want to see what others who use this forum think, as you're all sure to be the primary visitors.

Chern

Nowadays there is no problem with Frames, as long as you code your website OK, I would use them. Make nav bars etc much easier and more practicle

Frames are fine with me if they aid navigation. As long as the sheets can be found easily and printed, I'm happy :D

Well, I wanted to include a "scrolling box" for want of a better term, on the main page, where I can write a few lines every so often about updates and news and such. After reading up in my Microsoft Frontpage for a while, I determined that it calls these "inline frames", which give a "nested" look. I've seen them used in many websites and like the feature, but I'm teaching myself this stuff so I'm pretty ignorant of the terminology.

The new site will be much easier to navigate; buttons to get you from page to page; more and better graphics (yay! photoshop :lol: ) all the current army cards for epic: armageddon and new warmachine-style cards for B5: armageddon (is that a trend?), and archives of the older SFOS and Tournament sheets. The early, pre-SFOS sheets will get pulled as they're really out of date and all they do is confuse some of the newer players as to which is which. Plus, they take up needed space on my free host. So if you really want the older sheets, get them now.

Chernobyl

I don't know if you would consider dropping the best viewed at resolution a bit. My screen maxes out at 1024 x 768.

yeah, I noticed that was a problem for some people...So far I've been able to fit everything in an ~850 pixel wide space...my goal is to keep it that way. The monitor I make it on is 1024*1280

Back