Troubleshooters Box Set

PARANOIA Recycled (the name might change) represents an XP repackaging and revamping of classic West End Games missions. All the original goodness of missions like Vapors Don't Shoot Back, YELLOW Clearance Black Box Blues, Send in the Clones, Me and My Shadow Mark IV and more besides.

Thanks Paul, it sounds great. Since I'm new at Paranoia, I don't know about those, but if they stood the test of time, it will be good. :)

About the Paranoia box set, could it be a whole new minis game, just like Judge Dredd Gang Wars ?

redlaco said:
Thanks Paul, it sounds great. Since I'm new at Paranoia, I don't know about those, but if they stood the test of time, it will be good.
Oh yes. Trust in the singular judgement of The Computer - these are superior missions that will show you that PARANOIA has plenty to offer and great missions aplenty.

redlaco said:
About the Paranoia box set, could it be a whole new minis game, just like Judge Dredd Gang Wars ?
I don't think so. While I'm sure PARANOIA could support a few figures and one-on-one type combat rules, the fact games would be over in less than a minute (due to the carefully placed tac-nukes) might become a little frustrating...

:lol: You're right of course ! That just proves how unfamiliar I am with the Paranoia mindset. :roll: I must still be a lowly infrared.

But in this case, would the whole concept of minis be not worth it, then? I mean, if combat is so brutal and quick, maybe we shouldn't even bother setting up minis ? Reminds me of Feng Shui (a totally different system, I agree), that clearly states in the "GM tips" section of the main book : "maps and minis are not your friends in this game; they might diminish the improvisation aspect of high-action combats". It's not the exact quote, but you get the idea...

redlaco said:
But in this case, would the whole concept of minis be not worth it, then? I mean, if combat is so brutal and quick, maybe we shouldn't even bother setting up minis ?
Ah - I'm simply saying the concept of a battle game within itself, like Gangs of Mega City One, would probably not work best with PARANOIA. However, pre-prepared maps with a scattering of personalised figures to enhance missions represents a whole different vat of algae.

Back