Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Please note that release dates listed here are expected PDF releases and pre-order dates - printed editions will likely appear 3-4 months later. Though we will be updating this particular post rather than appending more, you are welcome to make comments and ask questions in this thread!

January
Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society Volumes 7 & 8: The first two volumes of the new wave of Journals will go on general release in January, giving you a great new selection of adventures, characters, technology and new worlds to explore!

February
Vehicles of the Frontier:
A whole range of vehicles, specifically built or adapted for life and work among the colonies. Also includes many alien vehicles too!

March
The Order of Prometheus:
A complete campaign set in Solomani space, The Travellers stumble on evidence that someone is tampering with nature a little too much. A laboratory accident has cost the lives of the researchers, but where are the others of their team? The investigation takes the Travellers from the harsh world of Wasat, with its unusual starport, to logging camps and country estates. They will experience adventures aboard an atomic train and an awkward lunch with the notorious agents of SolSec.

The Trailing Frontier: This is a brand new 'sector book', covering a new region of space to explore and adventure through. This time, we are travelling to the other side of the Third Imperium to visit the Ley and Gateway sectors. As with the others, this is a large hardback book with two huge sector maps.

April
World Builder's Handbook:
Traveller fans have been waiting quite a while for this one! This book allows a referee to expand on basic world characteristics, including star system generation procedures for determining the type and location of a system’s significant stars and worlds, an expansion of mainworld generation – both physical and social – and the specifics for applying these rules to determining the physical and (if inhabited) social characteristics of the star system’s other worlds.

Marches Adventure 1-5: A hardback book containing updated High and Dry and Mission to Mithril (mainly graphical updates, to bring them into line with the Update 2022 format), and three more adventures: Search and Rescue, Artemis Wept and Safari World. The first two are brand new adventures, while Safari World is a re-write/re-imagining of the classic adventure Safari Ship by Chris Griffen.

May
Mysteries of the Ancients:
A prequel to Secrets of the Ancients, this giant campaign will set your Travellers on course to uncover the deepest lore of Charted Space. Includes re-imaginings of some classic adventures, including Research Station Gamma and Twilight's Peak...

Invasion: The next great campaign for the 2300AD universe, far from Earth the Kaefers are launching a massive attack. Your Travellers will be caught on the frontline and have to face a terrifying alien threat in order to survive. This is a war that may not be winnable...

June
The Imperial Navy:
The definitive sourcebook on the mighty Imperial Navy, covering every aspect of the backbone of the Imperium, from military procurement and ship production to the role of nobles at higher ranks and shipboard security. Comes with stunning artwork featuring uniforms, rank insignia, medals and so much more!

Wrath of the Ancients: The conclusion to the stunning Ancients trilogy, your campaign will see powers unleashed never before witnessed in Traveller. Will your Travellers forestall a catastrophic return of the Ancients or will they strive to keep Charted Space free of god-like tyrants?

Aliens of Charted Space Volume 4: More alien species fully explored and detailed. This volume contains everythign you need to both visit and play the Gurvin, Za'tachk, Suerrat, and Texcat.

July
Bounty Hunter:
Channel your inner Mandalorian with a new style of campaign - taking on contracts, hunting down your prey, and collecting the bounty on their heads! This book brings bounty hunting to your games, either as a dedicated campaign where Travellers become bounty hunters during their careers, or as a 'bolt-on' supplement to existing campaigns where Travellers fancy trying their hands at something new.

And more to come, already being worked upon:

Rim Expeditions
Starship Operator's Manual
Legend of the Sky Raiders
Pioneer
Singularity
2300AD: Building the Frontier

As noted before, everything is subject to change and rescheduling, but all the titles above have either already been written and are undergoing layout, or are in some stage of writing!

Last edited:
Wow! Have to say, now that I know what these books are, Invasive Species, Eneri's cantina, and Robot Handbook all look especially interesting. Thank you so much for taking the time to write these descriptions!

nats said:
Wow! Have to say, now that I know what these books are, Invasive Species, Eneri's cantina, and Robot Handbook all look especially interesting. Thank you so much for taking the time to write these descriptions!

Keep coming back, I am aiming to update this regularly :)

A very nice program. Any news about the French version of Traveller that we have been waiting for for many years now?

Dox said:
A very nice program. Any news about the French version of Traveller that we have been waiting for for many years now?

We have it translated. Unfortunately that translation is in a format that is extremely difficult to work with meaning it will take an incredibly long time to do - regretfully, we simply do not have that time at the moment. We are sympathetic - we have a French national on the full-time staff, but it is just not possible at the moment. :(

It's a shame. Anyway, thanks for the quick answer. This excellent game needs a French translation. :)

Libris said:
Is 2300 still on for a July PDF release or do we have to wait for the boxed set?

Sandrine has just told me that the ship section is slowing her down, but currently on course!

are you guys doing to do a Starship book? I'd like to see other edition ships and MGT 1e ships for MGT 2e?

Forgive me for projecting ahead even further than this nicely extensive list, but... After the Third Imperium, which empires are intended, however vaguely, to get their own expansion books (assuming all goes well?)

The Zhodani Consulate, I imagine, seeing as you have a Fifth Frontier War line in the works; this would make sense as a sort of companion?

The Hive Federation, to get some more on Ithklur, Gurvin, Za'tchak, Federation Humans, and Hiver's Friends and Relations (to borrow from Milne)?

The Two Thousand Worlds, with Girug'kagh and other lackeys?

The Julian Protectorate? That would be fun. Big, but not *incredibly* extensive; Lots of distinct states and polities for very varied adventures/campaigns, but enough common ground to make them all familiar enough that nothing throws players off; any number of reasons for cooperation and conflict; humans and Vargr with the Hhkar for some alien colour; the Imperium as the foreign great power looked at warily; lots of potential, I imagine...

G'Naakbusters said:
The Julian Protectorate? That would be fun. Big, but not *incredibly* extensive; Lots of distinct states and polities for very varied adventures/campaigns, but enough common ground to make them all familiar enough that nothing throws players off; any number of reasons for cooperation and conflict; humans and Vargr with the Hhkar for some alien colour; the Imperium as the foreign great power looked at warily; lots of potential, I imagine...

Oh man huge +1 for the Julian Protectorate. Absolutely love that area of space. If the Drinax series weren’t so good at opening up and fleshing out the Trojan Reach I’d have never left :lol:

paltrysum said:
What would you put higher priority on?

Me personally, there’s the Aliens volume, Trojan Reach volume, Drinax and all its material, the High Guard supplement, the upcoming Glorious Empire, not to mention the 1e material... I’d say the Aslan have received quite a bit of love.

So yeah, the Julian Protectorate for sure.

In addition to what G’Naakbusters has laid out above, I find it interesting astrographically, wedged between the trailing Vargr Enclaves and the Imperium, on the edge of the huge gulf of Star’s End... And I’ve seen some interesting history with Imperial emperors having tough choices to make in the area, from the Protectorate to Gateway.

People often complain that Charted space is fully explored and there’s no borders but the handful little states in the Protectorate (and rim ward into Gateway) makes that border really porous and Star’s End could be a great place for exploration without the huge commitment of the Deepnight series.

Really looking forward to Deepnight Revelation: Expeditions. My players aren't really abstracting any of their transits, so I need as much content as I can get my hands on to fill the space.

Some great releases coming up, particularly looking forward to the Third Imperium book.

I usually wait to buy the books from retail - help my local shops and all that - do you know what's the likely lag from the print dates above and release to retail?

ajevans said:
I usually wait to buy the books from retail - help my local shops and all that - do you know what's the likely lag from the print dates above and release to retail?

Due to the virus, it is currently running at 3-4 months :(

Back