Traveller Online Games

No, game not up and running yet, so you are welcome to join. Going to wait a little to allow further interest to be expressed, then start providing details.

nice one; you mentioned character ideas - seems like the concept you've in mind would lean heavily scouts-ward. my favourite character type, so that's cool.

would also be interested in playing one of the minor human races...

Which minor human race, not all are in mongoose traveller? Most characters ideas should work for the game, but scouts would of course be very useful.

not sure which ones are going to be in mt; i'm looking thru the old gurps humaniti supplement, so...

i reckon the azhanti would be likely to be good scouts - their curiosity pushing them out across the known galaxy...

I would be intrested in an Exploration / Survey / Patrol type game. Where the plot and action goes somewhere.?!

The clasic sandbox type online games never seem to get anywhere. At least the ones I have been in... :|

Hmm it may be easier to list things that you would rather not have in the game; such as Races, Careers, number of terms etc...

To keep the game going i will post regularly, and give direction, yes it will be sandbox, but with some minor 'pushing' from me to keep the plot going.
Game wise, 4 terms for characters, i will, to keep things simple only allow races that mongoose has covered. So run any non imperial humans past me first to see if they fit. Careers should be ones that fit the themes of exploration, action, trading, discovery, which is quite broad.

Old timer said:
To keep the game going i will post regularly, and give direction, yes it will be sandbox, but with some minor 'pushing' from me to keep the plot going.
Game wise, 4 terms for characters, i will, to keep things simple only allow races that mongoose has covered. So run any non imperial humans past me first to see if they fit. Careers should be ones that fit the themes of exploration, action, trading, discovery, which is quite broad.

I'm going to assume all rolls should be done using RPOL's dice roller..

Yes, i will set up the basics of the game there later, and then we can start getting this game up and running. You can build characters by points if you prefer.

Glad to see this moving forward!

I usually gravitate towards Merchants, so I'm going to stay well away from that (unless the dice declare otherwise) and strive towards an investigative type, some Agent, some Scientist, perhaps.

Hi Old Timer,
If there is room for one more I am interested in a crew slot. Exploration, Trade, Military...all sound fun.

I've never played the Intrepid Journalist or wanna be Journalist, might be interesting if you have room for another player. Maybe a 2 term Scout who got tired of keeping secrets and pulls 2 terms as a Journalist. Or he just wants to share is view of the Universe with an audience who 'follows' his travel blog via x-boat dispatches like Victorian Era 'news' from the Frontier. He could even interview crewmates to add color to his/my dry commentary.

Lou

Your more than welcome Burocrate, i will have the basics set up today and start inviting everyone interested over to RPOL. Interesting character idea.

And as promised the game is up on RPOL. All you have to do is join RPOL (link below) and then follow the other link below to the game and put in a request to join as they call it there. The game, characters, the ship can all be discussed there.
Oh, and please tell me your from these forums so i know who you are :)

http://rpol.net/ RPOL.

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=51193&date=1336399637 The game

@Mage and Gunbunny. Game is set up and characters are being created, if your still interested follow the links above ,its going to be a large ship, so more crew is good.

I have a game on Obsidian Portal (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ancient-trails-a-spacer-s-guild-campaign).

We've been on hiatus for awhile but I'd like to get it going again. If you're interested just contact me through Obsidian. Thanks.

Back