Traveller: Liftoff - New Box Set

Take my money now! :)

Depending on the price point I will likely want to buy multiple copies.

If you're doing a Kickstarter type crowdfund, make sure to allow for multiple purchases :)

-- Stan

donm61873 said:
This is NOT a rebuild or new edition of Mongoose Traveller. It's a beginner ruleset -- very slimmed down.

Donm61873 - I assume you sir are part of the group working with/for Matt on this product then?

If so, then I will take your word for it and report the following:

Spacecraft evasion/effects - not in line with current MgT rules.

Spacecraft sensor lock-on effect - not in line with current MgT rules.

Both are a huge difference and not really a "slimmed down" or simplified thing; more of massive alternate rule.

Nerhesi said:
donm61873 said:
This is NOT a rebuild or new edition of Mongoose Traveller. It's a beginner ruleset -- very slimmed down.

Donm61873 - I assume you sir are part of the group working with/for Matt on this product then?

If so, then I will take your word for it and report the following:

Spacecraft evasion/effects - not in line with current MgT rules.

Spacecraft sensor lock-on effect - not in line with current MgT rules.

Both are a huge difference and not really a "slimmed down" or simplified thing; more of massive alternate rule.

Yes, I'm involved in this... the core development team is Martin Dougherty, Rouven and Christian from 13Mann, and I. And I'll ask you to post your findings on Liftoff's official forum, which is at http://forum.13mann.de/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=67

donm61873 said:
This "slimming down" actually has some improvements over the MGT rules, such as slimming down the skill list, as well as using more conventional target number rules rather than MGTs difficulty DM.

My view differs.

MGT has been a success because it is characterful, streamlined, simple, and a good homage to CT.

Sure the zillions of supplements clutter it up - but that is the life cycle of all rpg systems.

The Liftoff version is simple, but lacks character, interesting character generation, or any feel of being Traveller. The lumped together skills produce characters that pretty much all blend into one another.

There are a few plus points like the simple background world generation, but in all other respects it is inferior.

I hate it.

badpixie said:
My view differs.

MGT has been a success because it is characterful, streamlined, simple, and a good homage to CT.

Sure the zillions of supplements clutter it up - but that is the life cycle of all rpg systems.

The Liftoff version is simple, but lacks character, interesting character generation, or any feel of being Traveller. The lumped together skills produce characters that pretty much all blend into one another.

There are a few plus points like the simple background world generation, but in all other respects it is inferior.

I hate it.

It's designed for little kids. Not bad for a kids intro to the game.

Back