Traveller Hybrids

abrilt

Mongoose
I think that, provided that they could get the licenses, the following would be great for Traveller-ish type games:

Buck Rogers (not the Gil Gerard version) the original

Star Trek (this one would be a stretch...)

Maybe even a Twilight 2000/Traveller hybrid

Just thoughts..

abrilt said:
I think that, provided that they could get the licenses, the following would be great for Traveller-ish type games:

Buck Rogers (not the Gil Gerard version) the original

Star Trek (this one would be a stretch...)

Maybe even a Twilight 2000/Traveller hybrid

Just thoughts..

What hybrid are you looking for?...

A hybrid is the combination of two or more different things, aimed at achieving a particular objective or goal. In different contexts this may refer to:

* In mythology and iconography:
o Mythological hybrid, a creature combining body parts of two or more species

* In biology:
o Hybrid (biology), the offspring resulting from cross-breeding of different plants or animals.

* In etymology:
o Hybrid word, a word with mixed etymologies

* In transportation:
o Hybrid bicycle, a bicycle combining design features of road and mountain bicycles
o Hybrid electric vehicle, a car that combines a gasoline engine with electric motors.
o Hybrid vehicle, a vehicle which uses a mixture of power or fuel sources

Okay okay okay...
I guess "hybrid" was not the word I was looking for...
sheesh!! :D

What I meant was something using the Traveller system but with a new setting like Judge Dread and Hammer's Slammers

I will endevour to be much clearer in the future!

LOL :twisted:

Battlestar Galactica/traveller
space; above & beyond/traveller
blade runner/traveller
aliens/traveller
traveller/traveller

or we could dilute the gaming community further and have:

d&d4e/traveller

A Space Above and Beyond rpg using Traveler rules or any other is one that I would gladly buy hopefully it will see fruition at some point in the future.

steffworthington said:
I was kidding.

Just buy BRP or Savage Worlds and make your own.

I already own both of those,

And I am more than capable of building my own system,

So by your thinking I don't ever need to buy another RPG again in my life, right?

ok oaty bars.... wind it in.
no need to get bent out of shape...

but yeah. I'm 40... ive got more games on my shelf than i'll ever play...

I'm already running Blade Runner BRP and if you wanna pop along to this years UK Games Expo i'll gladly run you a game (and due to a VERY limited print run..ie none... The production value of the play aids from this here graphic designer is high)

So, honestly? I think most of this thread is naval gazing. Lets see some real artisan out there produce some home brew settings.

ANY business is the same... the more it diversifies, the smaller the target audience.

steffworthington said:
ok oaty bars.... wind it in.
no need to get bent out of shape....

WTF?! what?, dude, I was making a point, but you seemed to have misread it, lol

I was not getting "bent out of shape" by your last post, but this one is getting close,

steffworthington said:
but yeah. I'm 40... ive got more games on my shelf than i'll ever play...

I'm already running Blade Runner BRP and if you wanna pop along to this years UK Games Expo i'll gladly run you a game (and due to a VERY limited print run..ie none... The production value of the play aids from this here graphic designer is high)

I'm not interested in Blade Runner, (I highlighted the ones I was in bold)

The point is I have 100's of RPG's, many systems, some generic,
I can build my own systems, and do all the time, yet I continue to buy games, why is that?,

You like Blade Runner right, so if mongoose made a Blade Runner RPG would you buy it?, even though you have your homebrew?

I'm not interested in Blade Runner, (I highlighted the ones I was in bold)
Right. ok. Sorry for not getting your subtext.
The point is I have 100's of RPG's, many systems, some generic,
I can build my own systems, and do all the time, yet I continue to buy games, why is that?,
'Work, buy, consume, die'
nah... just messing with ya. i dont know. You're a grognard? addicted? dunno mate :) How many have you played by the way?
You like Blade Runner right, so if mongoose made a Blade Runner RPG would you buy it?, even though you have your homebrew?
probably not. I'd be interested of course to see what they've done with the setting but not the actual rules or anything. I love 2300AD and space:1889 but their rules sucked. So i use BRP. I know the setting really well so doubt they could produce anything i wouldnt already have. The only reason i spoke like i did was because of this:
And I am more than capable of building my own system, So by your thinking I don't ever need to buy another RPG again in my life, right?
It just seemed confrontational.

oh, and you were asking a rhetorical question... not making a point. Rhetoric is awkward and deceitful crowd pleasing or spin. Also adding 'lol' at the end doesnt add to or temper your 'WTF?!' statement.
I was not getting "bent out of shape" by your last post, but this one is getting close,
Thereby proving my point and contradicting yourself in the same sentence. Thanks. :)

When I said this:
Just buy BRP or Savage Worlds and make your own.
You seemed to take it as a petulant order or disgruntled verbal backslap. It was neither. Merely a suggestion. The fact that i did it without humour doesn't indicate a frustration or impatience on my part. 'LOL'.

For the Record I would love to see a Traveller based genre based on:

- Battlestar Gallatica
- Space Above and Beyond
- Earth II
- Traveller 2300 AD
- Space 1999

All would work for me....

Penn

steffworthington said:
oh, and you were asking a rhetorical question... not making a point. Rhetoric is awkward and deceitful crowd pleasing or spin. Also adding 'lol' at the end doesnt add to or temper your 'WTF?!' statement.
Thereby proving my point and contradicting yourself in the same sentence. Thanks. :)

You are wrong, what you see is what you get, but you lack of understanding (repeatedly so) and your twisted point of veiw say much of yourself, its interesting to see how you mind works..

Now if we apply the same sort of logic to to what you just wrote what does that say?

And I did not contradict myself at all, that must be down to your misperceptions once more, (if you don't understand its no surprise you mistake so many things, but then some pleople just pretend to not understand, I've tried to make my comments as simple as possible)

Back