Traveller: Blakes 7

I'd say it's a one book deal, with of course the mandatory revised edition with all the errata.. sorry Matt but it has to be said..

But yes, I'd buy that one book in a flash.

The Blake's 7 licence holders have just tweeted they are now in partnership with someone over a new B7 product.
Any chance of it being Mongoose I wonder?

Airlock14 said:
The Blake's 7 licence holders have just tweeted they are now in partnership with someone over a new B7 product.
Any chance of it being Mongoose I wonder?
Not more audio adventures, I hope ... :|

Yes, but it's not quite what I hope for when I hear something 'new' is on the horizon.

I recently got hold of the four seasons of the Blakes 7 tv series, and surprisingly despite the special effects not being on par with what we have today the plots and the acting were on the whole pretty inspiring stuff and very much what I remembered :D

I'm working on some ideas to use MGT as a basis for a homebrew ruleset, but I think it should work reasonably well (at least playable) then work on refining various aspects as it goes along.

Of course if Matthew has someone working on a draft ruleset at the moment and could drop a hint then I could save time and wait to see how it goes :wink:

Keep well,
Steven

Back in about 1980/81 I ran a Blakes 7 fan club called 'StarOne'. I also helped run the convention of the same name.

At that time I wrote to the BBC for B7 background info as I was writing a set of rules using 'Traveller' as the core. I still have the typed up set somewhere but as it was done on an old manual type writer I'm not of a mind to actually type it all up again for the internet. If I can find the rules I will try and scan them.

Currently a third of a way through a Traveller Blakes Seven Campaign being run at Huddersfield University Gaming Society. Gritty Sci-Fi of TV series seems to equate well to the rule system.

Back