The end is nigh...

Joe_Dracos said:
I really didn't need the whole thing to be metal, just the center peg

True. Usually it's the stem that's problematic . But in some cases like the Vorchan, you really need to lower the center of gravity.. A big metal base does the job well.
The rarity of the base is why I went FA on them (aside form the obvious price issue) :wink:

Kickaha said:
Of course there is also always GW, slightly different sizes of course.

I use the GW bases for most of my ships now. The 60mm one goes on the larger ships, the 30mm one (same as the newer Mongoose one) is for all on the small bases and any 50mm I have left are used for the mid-sized ones. Seems to work pretty well and a bag of mixed 60mm & 30mm bases is relatively inexpensive.

Cheers, Gary

mikelosaurus said:
It doesn't appear to be possible to order flying bases through the Mongoose site any more...? *scratches head*

They wil be coming back, don't worry. If anyone is after a bunch in the mean time, drop me a line (msprange@mongoosepublishing.com), and I'll see what we can do!

Sad that the moment I began gathering the books they vanished soon after just days before the next paycheck which would have allowed me the get all the last ones I needed. lately been fiding with friends way to play without table top due to our work lives and such but it's still be fun. Right now mostly just looking for more of them most i have in PDF I baught off stores posting their goign away July first. it saddens me. But here is hopign I find them all evnetualy.

mikelosaurus said:
Kickaha said:
mikelosaurus said:
It doesn't appear to be possible to order flying bases through the Mongoose site any more...? *scratches head*

IWM still list the CTA bases on their online store.

And pay their ridiculously inflated prices (and postage)? Bah.

Last time I looked (couple of weeks back) they were a dollar a piece. Ground Zero Games also do flight stands, think they include metal ones too, don't remember the prices.

That's a bit funny, i didn't play to ACTA before because i never watched the TV show. And now, i've watched it and liked it, i wanted to buy a fistful of miniatures to begin to play and... no more B5 space combat game in Mongoose catalog! Too bad :x
I'm really unlucky.

B5 is not like ST which is a "living" universe, nothing more was done on B5 on TV. It's an ended universe.
And i think no one will publish the game and the miniature range anymore.
I just have to use my ACTA rules for an other universe now :lol:

@nimitz: bonjour compatriote! :wink:

that was pretty much the same case for me, but I placed some orders before the dreadly 30th june and now I have some stuff to play with... but still waiting for my centauri from IWM...

Salut arkhosh!
Well i hope you will enjoy the game! If you have at least two fleet core, i think you should supplement them easily with the use of E bay.
What are you going to play then (Narn against Centauri?)

centauri (still waiting... :( )
narn (received)
minbari (received)
earth alliance (still waiting... :( )
shadows (still waiting... :( )
vorlons (received)
and a few civilians ships...

before you ask, yes I sell one of my kidney :D

Nimitz said:
:shock: Yep, ordering 6 fleets in one time is not really cheap! :eek:

Indeed it isn't. I did the same thing the first time the game went away back in Feb of last year. Took forever to pay off that credit card bill! :)

Cheers, Gary

Although ordering 6 fleets in one go is probably cheaper than ordering them separately; if you get the order to over $250.01, shipping is free. :)

Back