The end is nigh...

I take it that it is still fine to talk about B5 here without having to worry about a WB bat squad showing up at the doorstep.

I would imagine so. IANAL but to me it seems that provided Mongoose does not try to make money from B5-related material, it's now in more or less the same position as any other website with B5 stuff or a B5-related forum, e.g. the Babylon 5 Technical Manual or Katadder's Babylon 5 forum. Presumably if Mongoose can't afford to pay for a licence then neither can the owners of those sites, and the B5 Technical Manual has been around for years - if WB haven't jumped on it by now then it's probably safe.

The moving, renaming and allowing us to continue talking about ACTA was exactly what Matt promised us - thanks, Matt! :)

Obviously at the moment there is only the B5 version. But if you want a contentious topic, which universe will the next ACTA be based on and can a Shadow ship / Vorlon heavy cruiser / Dilgar Armageddon level ship (delete as applicable) beat the best ship from that universe? :D

AdrianH said:
which universe will the next ACTA be based on and can a Shadow ship / Vorlon heavy cruiser / Dilgar Armageddon level ship (delete as applicable) beat the best ship from that universe? :D
In The Pirkinning? :lol:
I want a Amigo destroyer!

Burger said:
AdrianH said:
which universe will the next ACTA be based on and can a Shadow ship / Vorlon heavy cruiser / Dilgar Armageddon level ship (delete as applicable) beat the best ship from that universe? :D
In The Pirkinning? :lol:
I want a Amigo destroyer!

FUKOOOOOV!!! :lol:

Has Mongoose thought about porting ACTA over to Traveller?

I know it's not the same... the ships would all be different. Probably a monumental effort.

But... Traveller needs a tabletop fleet combat game, and Mongoose has one, so...

And can someone point me to discussions about the conceptual ACTA "version 3"?

There has been no news, discussions or dates for any future versions of ACTA. Just speculation.

pasuuli said:
Has Mongoose thought about porting ACTA over to Traveller?

I know it's not the same... the ships would all be different. Probably a monumental effort.

But... Traveller needs a tabletop fleet combat game, and Mongoose has one, so...
... so does Traveller. It's called Power Projection, and I had a go at Conpulsion 2009. One big difference beteen PP and ACTA is that you need to write orders for your ships. There are templates showing fire arcs, including a narrow arc for spinal mounts - PP's equivalent of ACTA's boresight mounts. Ship movement is much looser; instead of players taking it in turns to move one ship at a time, both players move all their ships at the same time. This might not work too well once ships get into close quarters manoeuvring but due to the effectiveness of a spinal mount meson gun, that wasn't a problem during our game. :)

A couple of photos:
Vargr fleet
Zhodani fleet - looking a bit like a Dargan and two Sullusts. :D

AdrianH said:
I would imagine so. IANAL but to me it seems that provided Mongoose does not try to make money from B5-related material, it's now in more or less the same position as any other website with B5 stuff or a B5-related forum, e.g. the Babylon 5 Technical Manual

B5 Technical Manual has been around for years - if WB haven't jumped on it by now then it's probably safe.

as far as i know the B5Tech site is classified as an "educational" site or something like that making it more or less untouchable by WB.

Da Boss said:
"boom today, boom tommorow - there is always a boom!"

(LBH can correct any errors :)

Well apart from the obvious spelling mistakes :lol:

"No boom today. Boom tomorrow, there's always a boom tomorrow."

LBH

I like this one for what we expected....

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth shattering kaboom?" - Marvin

Just to say,

I'm actually quite grateful that the contents of this forum have been kept! AS there are a few nuggets of information hidden in here that is useful for sorting out rule clarifications!

Long live ACTA!

mikelosaurus said:
It doesn't appear to be possible to order flying bases through the Mongoose site any more...? *scratches head*

IWM still list the CTA bases on their online store.

Of course there is also always GW, slightly different sizes of course.

mikelosaurus said:
Kickaha said:
mikelosaurus said:
It doesn't appear to be possible to order flying bases through the Mongoose site any more...? *scratches head*

IWM still list the CTA bases on their online store.

And pay their ridiculously inflated prices (and postage)? Bah.

Buy some styrene sheet and make your own. (use brass rod for the ship support)

In this case "you take your choice and pays your money."

Back