THANK YOU!!!

dedonta

Mongoose
I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for being so helpful. I just posted a question on Rakham's forum regarding AT-43 and got FLAMED beyond belief. One person even told me to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger! All because I asked how indirect fire works!! Thanks for always being helpful even when I've asked stupid questions!

I just posted a new battle report on my website...check it out if you have a minute...it was Vorlon vs Minbari. www.monocacywarparty.com

The campaign is getting interesting as the Centauri have now fallen. Minbar is probably next on the list as we have instituted a homeworld rule, if you lose it and don't get it back in one turn its game over for your faction. I have a feeling he will be in trouble after out next turn.

Thanks again folks!!!
MJ

in my opinion the only stupid question is the one that is not asked...

misreads and misunderstanding is totally normal for someone getting into
a new tabletop game.

But i think its no good manner to flame away on someone (like you) who asked a question that was asked sometime before. A simple linke to the thread would have been enough.

nice gaming
Tobias

no probs dedonta
i think everyone on this forum is friendly, we all have out temper tantrums sometimes, but for the most part all the forums i am on are good especially to new players,im also on rackham, but for confrontation, out of curiousity, was it the uk or en forum(french/english) and can you remember who it was?

The major flame was from anabasis76deathdealer...he was the one that told me to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger. Not to my surprise its a fellow American (Virginian). I have had nothing but good interactions from the European contingent...especially the Brits. But they do seem to be a bit more testy over on that forum.

I hope you reported them to the admins.

Anyway, I'm not as active on this forum as I once was. But it is a vert helpful community.

yea deff i forgot to mention that, do report that, as its not nice at all and makes people feel bad and frightend to ask a question, god ive asked some silly ones in my time,(still do) for one reason or another, but if you dont ask you dont know.

That is sad that the short-sighted members of some forums and boards would treat new players that way. I just recently signed up on another board and many on that board are very intolerant of new people coming into their hobby and asking questions just because that same question may have already been asked or already discussed. I have always enjoyed the friendliness of the members of this board. Mongoose seems to have a good crowd here and B5 players are a good lot. :)

I know, I've asked my share of dumb, stupid, or otherwise "DUH!" questions and have never gotten lambasted here.

Chris

I assume the Admin saw it, he posted right after the gun statement. Yeah, I've always thought the only way to get an answer or something explained was to ask it, but some folks get a little peaved if its been brought up before...but new people to a forum don't know that, and I know I don't always go straight to the search box. And sometimes its just a lot easier to post the question (i know its being lazy lol) than filter through dozens of posts, especially when half the posts are just conversations not related to the question being asked.

Well feel free to ask me anything you want, I may not always have the answer, but someone here surly will. I have learned many things from what other people have asked, maybe he's just one of those angry gamers, we all have played with one or two in our time. Don't sweat it. I would lodge a formal complaint and ask to have him banned, then see what they actually do about it. I have been flamed a time or two my self on Lords of the Battlefield a Battletech forum, the guy who flamed me was buddies with the site admin, so you can guess that nothing was done.

Here's an example of what I was talking about. I was wondering about some Star Wars LEGO mini figures with magnets built into them. Here is what I wrote:

[I saw some of the LEGO SW magnetic minifigs and was wondering if they are regular minifigs with just a little magnet on them or if they are different somehow? Is the magnet removable, leaving them regular minifigs?

I was wondering about the keychain ones too, but a search yielded the answer that the keychain part is removable, but I was wondering if it is really difficult and does it do any damage to the figure? That nail looked pretty long in the pics I saw.

Thanks!

Chris ]

Here is the response I got (with my comments that I replied with). These comments were posted by a "moderator" on the board:

[Jeremy wrote:
Try using the serach tool before posting a questions:
My reply: I did (as mentioned in my post)

Link: Question about the new lego keychains
My reply -This is the one I refered to about the keychains

Link: question about Boba Fett magnet figure
My reply -This one didn't answer my question

Link: New Magnets Out
My reply -This one was more useful with regard to the magnets. This one also did not come up when I did a search last night for magnets. I only got the first two threads.

My question remains: But, to anyone who has removed the keychain thing - how big a hole does it leave and does it cause any damage to the figure (other than a hole in the head)? ]

The "moderator's" (non-)reply to my questions:

[But nothing. If you had taken the keychain link I provided you would have seen that this question has already been asked and answered, with photo references. Stop being lazy.]

Now, the links that were posted were almost a year old and two of the three did not help. Worst of all, this guy had nothing to add to the conversation other than to cause a fight. And he is the "moderator" of the board.

Just for completeness sake, here is my last reply to it before he locked it:

[Why is this site so tyrannical when it comes to people asking questions? Get over yourself. If you can't answer the question, don't bother posting. I've never been to a site where asking a question gets you lambasted like this. I'm not lazy. I did search. The Boba Fett one didn't asnwer my questions. The one with all the pics did better, but still did not tell me how exactly the figure looks once the job is done, from a top-down view. So I asked for anyone who had first-hand knowledge to answer the question. I DID NOT ask for your snide remarks.

You know what, forget this stupid board and this stupid site. Forums and message boards are for fans to share common interests, not for some small-minded, but self-important people to lord over lowly peons what small amount of information or power they think they possess. But I must be wrong, because I am lazy and did not search for such subjects, so I'm sure this has probably come up before. Jeez! This attitude on this entire board is ridiculous. We are all fans of Star Wars, we all enjoy our SW hobbies, and we all share the same community.

But, I suppose, if your neighbor came over and asked you for some sugar or some help, you'd tell him to go buy some sugar or a self-help book instead of just taking two seconds to be friendly and help him out. ]

I am SOOOOOO glad that you guys on Mongoose's boards are so much nicer, friendlier, and more understanding and helpful about those of us who share the same hobby and interests. And if any of you need some sugar, you got it. :)

Chris

Bubba Ho-Tep said:
Well feel free to ask me anything you want,
Could you fix me up with the chance to meet the girl you used as a model for your avatar?

I may not always have the answer, but someone here surly will. I have learned many things from what other people have asked, maybe he's just one of those angry gamers, we all have played with one or two in our time. Don't sweat it. I would lodge a formal complaint and ask to have him banned, then see what they actually do about it. I have been flamed a time or two my self on Lords of the Battlefield a Battletech forum, the guy who flamed me was buddies with the site admin, so you can guess that nothing was done.
This is the third time I've read this and I still can't believe it. Granted, we do a lot of flaming of each other on LotB, but we restrict it to the OffTopic or KJS forums where it belongs (the former is almost invariably in a friendly nature and the serious stuff goes over to KJS).
It's a really friendly site.

ksoh75 said:
no offence to the French or anything.....but yeah.....the guys on Rackham can be asses.

None taken ;)
(I used to play Confrontation since Ed02 but stopped some month ago)

Back