Terror of the Darklords + Heroes of Magnamund

Dominik

Mongoose
Is it possible to play this campaign with the Heroes of Magnamund book? Or is this campaign specifically created for the various kai disciplins?

It can be done, but it requires extra work by the GM, I've used bits of it for encounters in non Kai games with some success, but the overarching story is very Kai centric.

Thanks.

There will be at least one or maybe even two Kai-Lords in my group for this Campaign. Do you think this is enough "Kai" for the campaign? The other players want to play a dwarfen gunner and a boarder ranger or knight of the realm.

Border Ranger is a good sub for a Kai as some of their abilities line up, you can re work some of the Story elements to fit in a Knight, given Sun Eagle was once the Barron of Torran and a KotR before founding the Kai. The Bor will be a bit tougher, I'll have to dig out my books and have a think, but can't promise anything.

The adventure can work as long as you have one Kai in the party and said Kai survives till the end of the adventure. (or at least the part where the adventurers go plane hopping)

I say you let your players go ahead and play what they want. Two Kai should be more than enough to ensure the adventure plays as written. :)

Thanks again. I think i will give them some restrictions, which characters are playable for this campaign. We allready finished the adventure from the original Multiplayer Gamebook, but some players now want to play other characters because of the variety.

The Wolf said:
All parts, Dominik? Since most people miss the one in Signs and Portents?

No - we only played the one from the book. I´ve read the sequel in S&P, but to be honest ... i don´t like it that much. "Terror of the Darklords" seems to me much better and more fun.

BTW - what do you think of the following restriction for "Terror of the Darklords":

Good for this campaign:

- Kai-Lords
- Border Ranger of the North
- Brother of the Crystal Star
- Sommlending Knight of the Realm

Not sure but also might fit:

- Dwarvem Gunner of Bor
- Herbwarden of Bavtar
- Knight of the White Mountain
- Magician of the Dessi

Does not fit:

- Ice Barbarian of Kolte
- Kloon Sage of Chaman
- Buccaneer of Shadaki
- Telchoi Warrior
- Vakeros Warrior-Mage

Well Dominik, can't fault your honesty there - but you do know that part 1 and 2 (from the MP game book) and part 3 were all the same adventure right?

Originally they were meant to be in the same book.

I should know, I wrote them.

It was meant to be an introductory adventure, so it's not as epic as Terror - since there was no point having 2 massive epic adventures, especially for new players.

Those particular setups may fit - I'd give them a whirl.

Don´t get me wrong. Your adventure is totally okay from a beginners point of view. But as a veteran group from the old books, me and my players prefer some more "epic" adventure for this game.

You´ve done a good job with your adventure. It really shows how to play this game - and, as you said, it is just a beginning adventure, not an epic quest like in the old books (or in the "Terror" campaign). All of this is okay with me. :D

Thanks, my brief for it was to basically create a non-veteran introductory adventure for the book.

Terror is a fantastic adventure though, Pete did a wonderful job on that one. He even did a few things in Terror that...well...you'll see :)

It is definitely worth running/playing.

Back