Starship GROPOS ??!!

Traveller-61

Mongoose
Seeing how Mongoose are developing a new ground combat system for ST is there any chance of a module to use it for B5 ground combat?

A Call to Arms will "upgrade" the space combat, how about the same for the ground pounders?

There are quite a few problems in the Factbooks (like anti tank missiles that could not knock out a ground car etc) so a good overhaul is due

And why should the flyboys (and girls) get all the fun?! :D

DW

Oh, yes please!

I have a box full of EA tanks and infantry for GROPOS (still a top game); all they would need to do is use the MAXIM rules and jig it about a bit...

I want Valkyries!

Just curious Steve, where did you get your tanks and infantry? I've been wanting to get my own army style miniatures. I having a growing collection of colletable mattel airplanes, and I'd like to expand into tanks, choppers and infantrymen. It'd be nice to know if there was an online store for these.

just go to the aog website -

they have all the old stuff still available

the order page is still live

and lots of it is half off

why wait for mongoose to release it

get it all now for half price

A large scale ground combat game that could use the GROPOS miniatures would be sweet and if it were popular enough the gaps in the old AOG range (Centauri mainly so far, but a few Narn plus various VTOLs) would get plugged on a rerelease :)

What would be even better to my mind would be a 28mm skirmish game (up to and including GROPOS units but starting from the kind of firefights we saw in B5) running using a slightly simplified d20 system similiar to teh D&D miniatures game's approach.

bobbi said:
just go to the aog website -

they have all the old stuff still available

the order page is still live

and lots of it is half off

why wait for mongoose to release it

get it all now for half price

I thought they had to sell everything by a certain date, couldn't sell anything afterwards and had to destroy their remaining stock

I would love a gropos scale ground combat system

(unfortuantely i missed out on the aog minatures, though i got all the rulebooks)

Big Pete said:
I thought they had to sell everything by a certain date, couldn't sell anything afterwards and had to destroy their remaining stock

Bruce Graw bought back stock from wholesalers after AOG's license ran out, and that what he's currently selling off at the old AOG site.

As it was, AOG actually had to produce extra miniatures to satisfy their orders for the closing down sale (Warners allowed this as the orders had been placed before the license had run out).

frobisher said:
As it was, AOG actually had to produce extra miniatures to satisfy their orders for the closing down sale (Warners allowed this as the orders had been placed before the license had run out).

What's the story concerning AOG closing down?

petitbilbo

petitbilbo said:

petitbilbo

Apparently down to the break-up of the partners in the company after poor sales of Turning Point

More at http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=942169

mthomason said:
petitbilbo said:

petitbilbo

Apparently down to the break-up of the partners in the company after poor sales of Turning Point

More at http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=942169

Thanks for the link, but it does not explain everything...

For instance, what about
the B5 issue and decisions that had to follow
:?:

petitbilbo

Back