SST Club at Brookhurst Hobbies

LTJason

Mongoose
Okay, as many of you might have heard I am scaling back on my involvement with SST and resigning my position with the Mongoose Infantry as I am heading back to school next month.

However, I see that there seems to be some regular play going on at Brookhurst so I've edited this thread title and made some changes. So if you're looking to play SST at Brookhurst Hobbies this is the thread to post to.

http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/

I really wish I could go to more tourneys, but there are barely any in the UK. Sorry mate, I obviously cannot go.

Fear not Rob! I'll be coming down to play you and Reborn at some point during the summer. I've just started a new job so I'm not entirely sure about time off etc. I think the lovely Mr. Reborn mentioned something about the third sunday of every month being a SST day at your LGS...Something like that! :D

HAHA! no, not LGS, Local Gaming Club! Its worth it man, your first 2 times are free.
www.abingdonwargames.org.uk

Me and Beaker are members of the clubs comittee, We were hoping to have a SST tournament run by the club, of course, there would be an attendance cost, but that would go towards the hall and prize(s). Yep, every 3rd sunday of each month is normally a club sunday. Me and Beaker normally play SST on these sundays, so that should be cool.

Hmm...seems my thread about an SST league in Southern California in the United States got hijacked! :wink:

Ya, I would participate. I live in San Diego and am just getting into the game. That and I need something to fill up my time over summer :) Let me know whats going on.

I see plenty of Englanders playing SST, but there seems to be a dearth of fellow Scots by which I can test my metal in the glories of war. Bah.

This would be quite the drive for just a game, and I haven't gotten around to painting up those five box sets of mine...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Waker said:
I would be willing to play. Only an hour drive for me.
Wayne

Excellent! It sounds like there is some intrest. I guess I should get off my behind and finish putting together the information for this. As soon as I get my Solaris network certification test out of the way this week I'll dig into it and get the ball rolling with the guys at Brookhurst.

Hey LT. a friend just dropped $500 on Exos and Pathfinders and two others have preordered Forth armies. So that gives another potential three players for the league. It's good to see interest in SST growing in our area.

Although I want to particpate, the clause that I need everything fully painted is kinda disheartening. Im just getting into the game and I want to play bugs...and to paint up that much while still having a life is going to be a bit of a problem.

LAWwaldo said:
Although I want to particpate, the clause that I need everything fully painted is kinda disheartening. Im just getting into the game and I want to play bugs...and to paint up that much while still having a life is going to be a bit of a problem.

It's not that hard. At 750pts. it's only 12 warriors, 6 Hoppers and an Infiltrator (and 2 ea. tunnel markers and entrances). Heck it's only 19 models. I'm painting up 23 Skinnies.

"Although I want to particpate, the clause that I need everything fully painted is kinda disheartening. Im just getting into the game and I want to play bugs...and to paint up that much while still having a life is going to be a bit of a problem."

I'm gonna have to be a whiny little bitch and agree. The army lists from the rulebook thing is kinda harsh too. I understand, but is the army book that much different from the rulebook? I'm not against buying it, just doing that *and* painting up an army is a little much for what little free time I have. I just bought two boxes of WASPs and I still need a third... plus conversion parts... plus converting them... plus painting them...

But Brookhurst Hobbies is a ways away, so I probably couldn't make it anyway.

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

LAWwaldo said:

I understand, but there are ways to paint bugs fast. It is not going to be a steadfast rule that everything has to be 100% complete, but keep in mind that you have to paint up about 500 points every three weeks.

Back