[Spoilers] Babylon 5, 2262-2282 questions

andrewgpaul

Mongoose
Having just watched most of Season 5 on DVD, I have a couple of questions, regarding mostly Centauri Prime.

Firstly, Londo's scenes in 'In the Beginning', along with his premonition in S1, and the future sequences in 'War Without End', take place about 20 years after S5, yes? if that's the case, how come Centauri Prime is still on fire? Is this a result of reparations to the IA and League and Londo being influenced by his Keeper not to rebuild?

Secondly, did one of the novel series go into this in more detail? For example, what happened to Sheridan's son between 'Sleeping in Light' and the future section of 'War Without End'? Did Emperor Vir manage to free the Centauri from the Drakh? How did Delenn end up in a Centuri prison cell? (and Sheridan? Was he always there, and merely posessed his future body?)

And finally, what did G'Kar and Lyta get up to, and where did they go, in the mean time? Hmmm, possibly an opportunity for a Crusade, Legend of the Rangers or Memories of Shadows cameo for them, there.

Thanks for reading this; I know it's not an RPG question, but I figured it was the best place to ask.

andrewgpaul said:
Firstly, Londo's scenes in 'In the Beginning', along with his premonition in S1, and the future sequences in 'War Without End', take place about 20 years after S5, yes?

No :) The time period is 17 years after season 4 (2278)

andrewgpaul said:
if that's the case, how come Centauri Prime is still on fire? Is this a result of reparations to the IA and League and Londo being influenced by his Keeper not to rebuild?

This is explained in the Centauri trilogy of novels :)

andrewgpaul said:
Secondly, did one of the novel series go into this in more detail?

Yup, see above :)

andrewgpaul said:
And finally, what did G'Kar and Lyta get up to, and where did they go, in the mean time? Hmmm, possibly an opportunity for a Crusade, Legend of the Rangers or Memories of Shadows cameo for them, there.

There was a short story in the one issue of the B5 Magazine I don't have (I think, or it might have been another magazine, which again I don't have) by jms that covered some of that.

But no cameo for Lyta - as of 2265 (Legends of the Rangers) she is dead, so Crusade (2267) is right out, and The Memory of Shadows is post Crusade.

G'Kar, on the other hand.... :)

17 years is about 20 years :p

Thanks for the info. Sadly, I've never seen the novels anywhere in Glasgow - found the first Psi Corps novel in a library, that's it.

And did Lyta die in LotR, or was her death referred to?

Frobi got in there first with the info. However I may be able to help you slightly with your search for the books Andrew.

From my inventory of my B5 books I have extracted the titles, Authors and ISBNs. For many of the books I have the US editions (marked as such next to the ISBNs) so you'd need to look up the UK ISBN at a bookshop or on amazon.co.uk. Or order the US version.

Also, the first 3 books have been reprinted in an omnibus, and numbers 7 and 9 (I think) have had reprints as well. They may have different ISBN numbers for the new editions. Either way the titles and authors should help you out. And there never was a book for River Of Souls (Like ACTA necer got a soundtrack)

If it wasn't so late and I had more time I'd look up the UK ISBNs for you. I apologise for this not being up to my usual standards of help :roll:
(I do have to get up in 5 hours, it's my only excuse)

In Glasgow, FP on Buchanan street had some of them in last time I was in, but that was months ago. Try Borders or Waterstones. The various A1 comics stores might be worth a shot. But you probably already know all those places :oops:

LBH
(You just can't get the help these days)

List follows:

Book 1: Voices
John Vorholt
0-7522-0644-3

Book 2: Accusations
Lois Tilton
0-7522-0649-4

Book 3: Blood Oath
John Vorholt
0-7522-0654-0

Book 4: Clark's Law
Jim Mortimer
0-7522-0153-0

Book 5: The Touch of your shadow, the whisper of your name
Neil Barrett Jr.
0-7522-0158-1

Book 6: Betrayals
S M Stirling
0-7522-0163-8

Book 7: The Shadow Within
Jeanne Cavelos
0-7522-2339-9

Book 8: Personal Agendas
Al Sarrantonio
0-7522-2344-5

Book 9: To Dream in the City of Sorrows
Kathryn M Drennan
0-440-22354-7 (US EDITION)

Babylon 5: In the Beginning
Peter David
0-345-42452-2 (US EDITION)

Babylon 5: Thirdspace
Peter David
0-345-42454-9 (US EDITION)

Babylon 5: Call to Arms
Robert Sheckley
0-345-43155-3 (US EDITION)

The Saga of Psi Corps Book 1: Dark Genesis The Birth of the Psi Corps
J Gregory Keyes
0-345-42715-7 (US EDITION)

The Saga of Psi Corps Book 2: Deadly Relations Bester Ascendant
J Gregory Keyes
0-345-42716-5 (US EDITION)

The Saga of Psi Corps Book 3: Final reckoning The Fate of Bester
J Gregory Keyes
0-345-42717-3 (US EDITION)

The Legions of Fire Book 1: The Long Night of Centauri Prime
Peter David
0-345-42718-1 (US EDITION)

The Legions of Fire Book 2: Armies of Light and Dark
Peter David
0-345-42719-X (US EDITION)

The Legions of Fire Book 3: Out of the Darkness
Peter David
0-345-42720-3 (US EDITION)

The Passing of the Tech-nomages Book 1: Casting Shadows
Jeanne Cavelos
0-345-42721-1 (US EDITION)

The Passing of the Tech-nomages Book 2: Summoning Light
Jeanne Cavelos
0-345-42722-X (US EDITION)

The Passing of the Tech-nomages Book 3: Invoking Darkness
Jeanne Cavelos
0-345-43833-7 (US EDITION)

Thanks for the help. Actually, I'm too cheap to buy the books, so A1 and FP are out. Waterstones makes it easy to browse, bu they don't have them, that i could see. Mind you, know that I know titles and authors, that's a start.

You could buy them 2nd hand. Amazon has a large selection of used books. You can also try:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/
http://www.countrybookshop.co.uk/
http://www.ibooknet.co.uk/
http://www.fetchbook.info/
http://www.usedbooksearch.co.uk/

andrewgpaul said:
Thanks for the help. Actually, I'm too cheap to buy the books, so A1 and FP are out. Waterstones makes it easy to browse, bu they don't have them, that i could see. Mind you, know that I know titles and authors, that's a start.

You can take a fan to the merch but you can't make him buy :lol:

LBH
(Off to lead a horse to water, might have better luck!)

Back