South African Fans

blue crane

Mongoose
Hallo almal!

Wie van julle is van Suid-Afrika af? Dit sou net interessant gewees het om uit te vind....

Groete
Blue Crane

Hallo Blu Crane

Dit luik of dit net die twee van ons is so ver.

Groete
ra

Hi

I will not butcher the Afrikaans language ant further, but I am a sometime Lurker and own all the sourcebooks.

So you 2 are not alone :D

Galadan

Wolfpup of the Andain

:lol: Yeah, I won't butcher it any further, too.

Hi and welcome to the forums, Galadan. Its nice to see another person from SA here.

Btw, if you havn't yet voted for Lone Wolf, please do. We need a lot of support.

I have a question for SA fans. Where did you buy the RPG books from?

I bought mine through Kalahari.net. It was well priced, as far as I could see, but I am always open to bargains. Are there any shops that you'd recommend?

Dear 'Ra',

I have bought copies from 'Mongoose Publishing', 'ExclusiveBooks.com' and 'Kalahari.net'! Exclusive books is by far the best option when it comes to packaging. However, with the 20% discounts over at 'Kalahari.net' from time to time, it is obviously the cheapest option.

If you live in Pretoria or Johannesburg, you may want to try 'The Outer Limits' book store and ask for Robert. I believe they may have pristine copies available but you will pay between R450 and R500 for a copy -ouch!

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Blue Crane

Thanks blue crane, that's nice to know.

Kalahari.net is definitely the cheapest, then. The only problem with them is their packaging. My copy of The Darklands had a nasty scratch on the cover because of the poor packaging :cry: , but the other two books were in a decent condition.

Btw, this is what I paid for the books:

R156.76 for Magic of Magnamund
R156.76 for The Darklands
R264.76 for LWRPG

which comes to a total of R578.28. :D

I'll definitly give The Outer Limits a try. I've heard of them before. I think they have a branch here in the mother city as well.

I got my copy from Amazon, they are slightly more expensive than kalahari, but have the product range.

No good gaming shops in Cape Town unfortunately.

Galadan

Well, I bought mine direct from Mongoose in November - £25 for the LW book and £15 each for the two supplements!

NS.

Hallo julle almal.

Eintlik is ek Engels, maar ek skryf mos lekker Afrikaans as ek dit nodig het. :)

I got my books from Amazon, but used to buy books from Kalahari, or sometimes Wizards or the other place (forget their name... Outer Limits?) in Cape Town. In general though, I could import the books for cheaper than they would sell them to me. Which was sad.

Nou moet ek weer gaan werk - geniet die dag verder!

Back