Sooo... Ruins of Hyboria?

corridor

Mongoose
Is it out? The review thread seemed to suggest that some people have had it since mid May. Mongooses release date was the 5th, but the online store doesn't list it as for sale yet (June 7th). Amazon says June the 25th.

I'm really wanting to buy this for a buddys birthday (June 20th), but I have no freakin clue what is going on.

Can anyone enlighten me?

*edit* I didn't mean for this to sound angry. Just confoosed! =D

You have really got to be more careful with those high-end appliances.

Um...wait a minute....what's an "airplane?"

You just made that up, didn't you?

Well, you know how it is. You get up in the middle of the night. You need a snack. A fresh dodo egg omelette is just the ONLY thing that'll satisfy those cravings. You set the time machine and *BAM*... You're your own grandfather. Throws the flux capacitor outta whack somethin awful. :lol:

Airplane... YOU know.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Airplane

*edit* I have since used the, now repaired, time machine (with my literary license firmly renewed) to check with Kubla Khan. All I got from him was some decree about "Stately Pleasure domes", whatever THAT means... He also had some unwholesome fixation on that horrid Olivia Newton John movie Xanadu. Ugh

corridor said:
Well, you know how it is. You get up in the middle of the night. You need a snack. A fresh dodo egg omelette is just the ONLY thing that'll satisfy those cravings. You set the time machine and *BAM*... You're your own grandfather. Throws the flux capacitor outta whack somethin awful. :lol:

Airplane... YOU know.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Airplane

*edit* I have since used the, now repaired, time machine (with my literary license firmly renewed) to check with Kubla Khan. All I got from him was some decree about "Stately Pleasure domes", whatever THAT means... He also had some unwholesome fixation on that horrid Olivia Newton John movie Xanadu. Ugh

Wow, corridor, your getting pretty high-brow with your literary references there.

As the Mongoose website still calls it a Preorder item and It's not available from my usual online retailers here in the UK, I guess it hasn't been released yet. Even though the Mongoose website states 5th June as a Distributer on sale date. Won't be long though. I'm sure it will be available next week.

Cheers

Sam

*flexes his literary muscles*

Yeah people are often impressed when I whip out the ole Olivia Newton John references..

Hmm... Not out yet. That means waiting. Well that’s just not the American way now is it!

Yeah I suppose so. I was just hoping vaguely for a response from our benevolent overlords. Perhaps an official type who could shed a bit of light on things. Not that big of a deal really. :)

I'm beginning to think, from reading the forums, that release dates are more a sort of guideline than an actual rule, as such.

(Sorry for a Pirates of the Caribbean reference one post after Coleridge. Bet I lose what points I got for the poem.) :roll:

*edit* and I TOTALLY failed to whip out any Morlocks in connection to the time machine thing. Damn. What a missed opportunity!

Of the things for Conan that are on the horizon, this is the one I'm most anxious for. I'm waiting to start a campaign, but the first storyline is going to be revolving around a set of ruins, so I'm kind of holding it up for this book. My local gaming store doesn't have it either. This wouldn't bother me, but I'm reading stuff from other people who already have it. Man I hate that.

And by the way, it looks like your literary muscles ripped your sleeves, dude.

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed too. Not that big of a deal, really, but I'm getting it for my GM for his birthday on the 20th. He is currently running a Hyboria campaign and the more setting info the better. Additional monsters would be good too.

I wouldn't be so wrapped up in the amazon thing, but gaming books have gotten pretty expensive and I hate shelling out an additional $6 on shipping that could be spent on an additional book (We still need the Hyborias _______ series for our players).

I'm still miffed that I missed the H.G. Wells reference possibilities there... :roll:

Well.. Now amazon HAS it but is listing a 2 to 4 week shipping time. GAH!..

Looks like I'll just get it elsewhere. Wish my local gaming shop was worth a damn..

Got my copy today in my favorite cologne games shop.

Like it, but there is one thing: I think the story of the City of Ghouls sounds cool, but I don`t like the idea that the houls are an offspring of demons. Perhaps I am too Lovecraftian, but I thought they are a real race.

Although I like the city, I do not think the ghouls here are the "real" ghouls.

I found it yesterday at my LGS. They also had Faith and Fervor, but I only had forty bucks on me, so I went home with ten bucks and Ruins.

Well, with all of you delightful fellows beating me to a copy, I have one question.

When can I expect a review?!

Back