Sons of Cimmeria and Kovag-Re

Gromel

Mongoose
Is it me, or have we not recieved the chance to download this since last time? The link wasn't working originally, and neither is it in the recent email involving the order form. Any ideas, or is this just me?

Thanks in Advance.

I wanted to receive Kovag via SoC as well. In fact, I had Kovag "plotted" as a future adventure in my campaign. I guess that won't be the case after all unless other circumstances change.

Any reason why we are not going to recieve it again? I know it is now availbable for the general public, but it didn't cost us anything the first time...

So you can't put it back or don't want to put it back?

Since this whole thing started as a response to bad press because of the errors in the Conan book I can't see why you would sour the good will this program is supposed to generate.

That file was obviously the jewel in the SOC crown. Taking it back just leave a bad taste.

Greyfax said:
That file was obviously the jewel in the SOC crown. Taking it back just leave a bad taste.

Hardly. Most people, judging from their posts, were interested in the MASSIVE discount on the 2nd edition. Kovag Re was just icing on the cake.

BTW, I also have copies of it and would be more than willing to send one back to Mongoose if needed.

Thanks Mongoose!

Hi guys,

Well, my original intention was that Kovag was a treat to the very earliest adopters of Conan. It was removed primarily because of our licence arrangement with RPGNow.com and not replaced because of a) that and b) it is a real pain in the rear end to put material up on our server with a seperate username and password :)

We figured that with the large amount of material channelled into the Sons program, there was enough to take its place - we certainly did not think anyone would be offended by its absence!

Thanks for the clarification.

I delayed entry in the Sons because I wasn't sure if I wanted to cut up my book or not. After I heard that Kovag was released I immediately joined, but was disappointed to find that I would have to wait till the "wrap up" to get access to Kovag. Then when the wrap-up finally occurred I was again disappointed to discover that Kovag was removed.

> I am a late comer to the SOC program though I
> purchased the book the week it came out. (I could not
> decide if I really wanted to clip the page corner.)
> Can I have access to the previous SOC releases?

Hi there,

We'll be doing a 'catch-up' of all released material a little later on to give the late-comers a chance for all the Conan goodness - stay tuned!

Regards,

Matthew

I hope this doesn't sound like a complaint, because I think in general the Sons program was innovative and a great success. I just felt like the intentions about this particular offering were not clearly communicated or perhaps miscommunicated.

I'm not exactly offended, but SoC was the only way for me to get Kovag. I won't pay 8$ for a 16-page pdf scenario - not because I'm a polish bastard (hehehe ;)), but because the price crossed the line for me. For example - "Sunless Citadel", a 32-page scenario for D&D costs 10 zlotys (2,5$), "Bastion of broken souls" (48 pages) costs 15 zlotys (3,8$). Paying twice as much for Kovag just seems unreasonable...

PS. Does it sound like whining? :)

Now that would be much easier to do. Tell you what, how about (sometime after Gen Con, when things quieten down!), we get RPGNow to cut the price in half for a couple of weeks?

How would that be?

Mighty Cthulhu:
I'd give it a good review. I woulnd't mind paying $8.00 for a printed color edition.

Matthew:
Would there be a problem if those of us with copies emailed one to those who were interested and didn't have a copy?

Or can't we do that?

Zeus said:
I'm not exactly offended, but SoC was the only way for me to get Kovag. I won't pay 8$ for a 16-page pdf scenario - not because I'm a polish bastard (hehehe ;)), but because the price crossed the line for me. For example - "Sunless Citadel", a 32-page scenario for D&D costs 10 zlotys (2,5$), "Bastion of broken souls" (48 pages) costs 15 zlotys (3,8$). Paying twice as much for Kovag just seems unreasonable...

PS. Does it sound like whining? :)

Yes, it still sounds a little like complaining. Course that is my 1/4 polish speaking.

Back