Some questions about Starship Troopers...

Ulkesh

Mongoose
Not sure where to post this as there is no Starship Troopers subforum anymore. Anyway, don't worry, this isnt a question about what happened to the game or asking why its stopped.

My question is, before the line was discontinued, I remember hearing from the Miniature front that there were plans to introduce a couple of new Mongoose created races for the game. If my memory is serving me right, those races were going to be the Forth and another one going to be the Coven. I think the Forth were going to be small aliens that made use of powerful armoured suits that looked like ED-209 or something like that and the only thing I heard about the Coven was that they were telepathic or something like that. Could be wrong there but thats what I knew.

So the question is, how much fluff, background and stuff were written on those guys? I know the game stopped but I'm a bit if a fluff maniac and was curious to see what kind of backstory was written on them. I will understand if there is some issue which would prevent any details being revealed but just thought I would give it a shot and ask.

Also, were there any further plans with the line before it was decided to end it? I mean were there any plans for new additions to see amongst the Skinnie, Humans or Arachnid armies? Last thing I remember was the heavy exosuits amongst the Federation like the Grizzly and Cougar but was there anything else planned?

You're right about the Coven and Forth. There were some pretty spiffy things planned with those races! There was some fun stuff planned fluff-wise for the war of the species book and the Fleet book for the RPG. Scipio and I had the pleasure of doing some of the background material before the line was discontinued. Since I don't know how Matthew feels about giving out the details I won't provide them, but I can tell you there were some juicy bits like details of the campaign in the Skinnie Quarantine zone, highlights on specific units (and IIRC we were toying with what you needed to play them) and a list of all the capital ships involved in the assault on Klendathu.

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
You're right about the Coven and Forth. There were some pretty spiffy things planned with those races! There was some fun stuff planned fluff-wise for the war of the species book and the Fleet book for the RPG. Scipio and I had the pleasure of doing some of the background material before the line was discontinued. Since I don't know how Matthew feels about giving out the details I won't provide them, but I can tell you there were some juicy bits like details of the campaign in the Skinnie Quarantine zone, highlights on specific units (and IIRC we were toying with what you needed to play them) and a list of all the capital ships involved in the assault on Klendathu.

Oh man that sounds so cool :(

You think I could bribe Matthew with sweets or something to allow him to reveal the juicy details? :D Real shame, I really got into the Starship Troopers universe again after watching Roughneck Chronicles and playing through a bit of the Starship Troopers Marauder game.

Anyway thanks for the answer there shotgun-toting chipmunk :)

Ulkesh said:
You think I could bribe Matthew with sweets or something to allow him to reveal the juicy details? :D Real shame, I really got into the Starship Troopers universe again after watching Roughneck Chronicles and playing through a bit of the Starship Troopers Marauder game.

Unfortunately, everything released in the abandoned playtest was the full extent of what exists on paper.

Back