Smashing the Champagne

In your opinion, which of the following names might best suit a Bin'Tak?

• Last Word

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sundering Titan

• Hand of G'Quan

• Dark Forbearance

• Vicious Gift

• Total voters
Not sure if this has ever been broached.

Some of you already know about my Bin'Tak Highest Calling. I also have a G'Lan called Grim Reminder.

For Earthforce I have the Omega Charlemagne and an electric-green-and-white flight of Starfurys called Screaming Lizard Squadron.

These are the ones of which I am most proud. It takes a fair amount of creativity and no small measure of pride when it comes to christening our little metal babies. I'm curious to find out what ships out there bear some proud and august names....

War Leader G'Shon said:
Not sure if this has ever been broached.

Some of you already know about my Bin'Tak Highest Calling. I also have a G'Lan called Grim Reminder.

For Earthforce I have the Omega Charlemagne and an electric-green-and-white flight of Starfurys called Screaming Lizard Squadron.

These are the ones of which I am most proud. It takes a fair amount of creativity and no small measure of pride when it comes to christening our little metal babies. I'm curious to find out what ships out there bear some proud and august names....

My squadrons are unimaginatively name, Red, White, Gold, Blue, Green, Purple, Tiger, and Red Tiger wing :p

I do have a squadron of Starfuries called 'The Patriots' and they each have their national flag painted on them. Some you can almost tell what they are menat to be. :lol:

I have naming schemes for each of my fleets.

Minbari:
Teshlans: _____ Hunter. (Brave Hunter, Swift Hunter etc)
Tinashi: Whatever I come up with (similar to the Sharlins below using other nouns rather than elements)
Sharlin: Adjective or one of a few nouns + Element (eg Crystal Fire, dark wind etc)
Torothas: Single word descriptor of the same kind as Sharlin. (eg Crystal, Swiftness etc)
Morshin: Vanlen's (fist, weapon, will)

Brakiri:
Avioki: Tax Forms (104e, 115X, w-4, w-2)
Ikorta: Buisness terms (ledger, credit, Merchant, etc)
Tashkat: Agressive Buisness practices (Takeover, Embargo, Blockade)
Haliks: Money terms (specie, cash, profit, stock, bond).

EDIT: I forgot to add, those are all good names.

A Greek thesaurus/dictionary is good for EA ships, as is any history on naval warfare in the 20th century.

I have a Hyperion, the EAS Bunker Hill, in our Dilgar War campaign that seems to live a charmed life.

My Dilgar opponent loathes it, of course..:)

When I considered using an EA fleet for a campaign, here are some of the names I came up with:

EAS Loxely, Apollo Class Bombardment Cruiser

EAS Guan Yu, Omega Class Destroyer
EAS Freya, Omega Class Destroyer

EAS Colin Powell, Nova Class Dreadnaught
EAS Eriwn Rommel, Nova Class Dreadnaught
EAS Nobunaga Oda, Nova Class Dreadnaught
EAS Edward Teach, Nova Class Dreadnaugt

EAS Heimdall, Delphi Class Advanced Scout
EAS Shodan, Delphi Class Advanced Scout

demonllamma said:
I have naming schemes for each of my fleets.

Brakiri:
Avioki: Tax Forms (104e, 115X, w-4, w-2)
Ikorta: Buisness terms (ledger, credit, Merchant, etc)
Tashkat: Agressive Buisness practices (Takeover, Embargo, Blockade)
Haliks: Money terms (specie, cash, profit, stock, bond).

EDIT: I forgot to add, those are all good names.

What about the Death & Taxes? That's gotta be a Brakiri Flagship name.

emperorpenguin said:
I've just picked up a Latin dictionary, very useful for centauri ship names :D

Ab unco remotumst.

Although perhaps the most useful phrase for B5 is : Oppetite mortem lumine amplifcato stimulata emissione radiorum, cimices extraterrestriales foedi!

although 'Quid nobis infeliciter fieri potest?' is a close second

'Eat laser death, alien scum?'
My Centauri got RN names, Illustrious, Irresistible, Inflexible etc, the Dilgar were all monsters although the Trollkin got in there somehow, for the Minbari I resorted to obscure religious jargon- the Prothonotary Apostolic and the Homoouzios took longer to explain than they did to play, a useful delaying tactic; my EA and Narn never actually acquired names, unfortunately.

Warlock : EAS Nightcrawler
Delphi : EAS Angel
Nova : EAS Wolverine
Nova 2 : Cyclops
Delphi 2 : EAS Beast
Orion : EAS Aavalon
Victory : EAS Magneto

Starfurie flights and Thunderbolt flights
SG-1 SG-2 SG3 ......

Slightly Norse John said:
'Eat laser death, alien scum?'
My Centauri got RN names, Illustrious, Irresistible, Inflexible etc, the Dilgar were all monsters although the Trollkin got in there somehow, for the Minbari I resorted to obscure religious jargon- the Prothonotary Apostolic and the Homoouzios took longer to explain than they did to play, a useful delaying tactic; my EA and Narn never actually acquired names, unfortunately.

Thats about right on the translation. Talking about lasers with a language that died some 1500 years ago is none too easy....

Suggested Raider ship names:
Down in Flames
Burning wreckage
Cannon Fodder
Unwanted Martyr
Oh God Help Me
We're All Going to Die
Glass House
Pile of Slag
Useless Scum
USS P.O.S
And my favorite....
The Jabroni.

I picked Judgement of Ka'Dar for the Bin'Tak I ordered.

I approve of llamma's naming scheme for the Brakiri. :lol:

Hey, G'Shon, I want to add a new choice to your Bin'Tak names. How about "Banshee Bait", or, "I-Had-Two-Heavy-Cruisers-Killed-By-One- Hyperion-Named-The-Hector", or "Lisa's Money!".

*BAWTRM de-lurking on the starboard bow*

I like True Blue's 'Guan Yu'.

Though I would probably be tempted to do a whole fleet in Romance of the Three Kingdoms names.

The Zhuge Liang
Zhang Fei
Xingdao Rong
Sun Quan
Xiahou Dun
Cao Cao

There's enough names in that piece of literature to give each of your individual fighters (I'm not even talking flights here) a unique name!

*Finds out that his lurking device is no longer functioning*

All of my vorlons are named after angels and demons following a google search.

For my Vree I have the Anal Probe as my flag ship, the Cartman, Dreyfus, Spielberg, Kang and Kudos from the Simpsons also make an appearance.

My Centauri fleet apparently sounds like a gang of rapists, the Ravager, Despoiler and Defiler are all Primus names. The faster Vorchans are named after big cats and the Altarians are named after birds of prey

Cannibal said:
Hey, G'Shon, I want to add a new choice to your Bin'Tak names. How about "Banshee Bait", or, "I-Had-Two-Heavy-Cruisers-Killed-By-One- Hyperion-Named-The-Hector", or "Lisa's Money!".

The killing blows may have been administered by the Hyperion or its fighters, but the rest of your longer-ranged, faster, missile-heavy, interceptor-protected fleet softened them up.

So you can cram it with walnuts!

Although Lisa's Money will be the name of my first Tashkat, which I will rub all over me, chanting its name in a Cartman voice. Then, I will exchange it for a few Ikortas and Haliks and toss them in the air. THEN, I will exchange them for a ton of Falkosi flights and swim in them! Lisa's Moooooney! Yeeeees!

I still have that dollar. :twisted:

A few years ago i played useing the old (and OVERLY complex) AOG B5 rules. It was my bintak Vs several EA ships, (can't remember what they were) and after it's final demise in a blaze of glory the name "B'izmark" has stuck.

Back