skinnie help needed

Mr Evil

Mongoose
skinnie help needed

ok i have a force of skinnies to paint...

but ive hit a problem, i just cant get my head around to a colour scheme, surly they should wear some form of camo, but how do i do it in an aliene way ? without using stupid colours that dont fit with anything !!!!!

any ideas ??

I would prime them black and then whith "CENSORED" on each. :wink:

Sincerely look in your Skinnie book. AFAIK they don't use camo they are rathere bull's eyes (another idea with "shoot at me please" theme) with a lot of red gold green (talking about models I've seen)
But I really like camo, and I think that such army wouldn't look so bad.
I would suggest desert style camo

ok ive done it ive gone for desert with blue quartering, so they have a bit of urban camo !!! lol in a strange alien way that is.

should have pics soon :)

next question

whats the best load out for venerabl units in your opinions ??? and why ??

Well I dont know concerning vulnerables as T'phai is the only skinny mini (hehe) that I've really ever see, though a neet camo could be black with purple blotches and random little green dots :)

Kenrick Dargoth said:
I would prime them black and then whith "CENSORED" on each. :wink:

Sincerely look in your Skinnie book. AFAIK they don't use camo they are rathere bull's eyes (another idea with "shoot at me please" theme) with a lot of red gold green (talking about models I've seen)
But I really like camo, and I think that such army wouldn't look so bad.
I would suggest desert style camo

The thing is in a futuristic environment, with advanced weaponry and sensors - surely the majority of camoflage used would be ECM's.

Any camoflage used would mostly be aesthetic anyway.

I go with 2/3 dual lasers and 1/3 rocket launchers,i.e 6 Ven's 4 with lasers and 2 with rockets. The lasers give a good punch and are AA and the 2 rockets are good against swarms. I've seen others use 50/50 with good results as well.

As far as colors; I'm painting my Raiders in Martian camo: red,yellow and brown. The others are all in bright "Warriors of Mongo" colors.

I'm with Sgt Brassones on the Venerables loadout, 2 to 1 ratio of dual lasers to light rockets

my colour scheme is a fairly bright yellow. As Lt Rasczak said visual camo isn't as important. Plus from my understanding of skinnie tribal warfare and slave raiding it seems that long distance concealment isn't a part of their ethos

Lots of the ones I have seen on-line have the sort of color scheme I would expect to see on 40k Eldar .

I have never seen a Skinny army in person. Afaik, when the one I ordered arrives it will be the only one around.

well i see the venerables as special forces so a bit of camo would be nice and would kep them scfi and not scifantasy

ive painted my first 2 units now, basicly lots of units of 3 each with a designated loadout so i can focus each unit on a specific task at hand.

emperorpenguin said:
I'm with Sgt Brassones on the Venerables loadout, 2 to 1 ratio of dual lasers to light rockets

my colour scheme is a fairly bright yellow. As Lt Rasczak said visual camo isn't as important. Plus from my understanding of skinnie tribal warfare and slave raiding it seems that long distance concealment isn't a part of their ethos

HI BUDDY!

I've basically been using metallics on mine, its giving them a sort of 'Flash Gordon' feel.

Mr Evil said:
well i see the venerables as special forces so a bit of camo would be nice and would kep them scfi and not scifantasy

ive painted my first 2 units now, basicly lots of units of 3 each with a designated loadout so i can focus each unit on a specific task at hand.

The thing is, if your Skinnie 'Boss' has a history of stealthy maneuvers and such he might adopt such a colour scheme for 'His' Army.

Yeah, I going towards the canon CGI metallic look, but because I've focused on terrain a lot (go figure), I've let my figure painting slack off. I have to make some time and get into painting units more.

was realy weird painting last night i hvnt painted anything in just under a year !!!!

was realy nice and relaxing, and got me involved in somthing,,,

My GF fell asleep on the sofa !!! whilst watching ridick !!!! Crazy woman.....

i couldnt bring myself to do a flash gorden style, i know it sorta fits them in the CGI but i was also thinking how would the book auther do them, or say a movie !!! ive used quartering for my camo, so it stays an alien system to how the MI are done.

so far im liking them and there simple to do this way.

oooooooooooo

BIG Question

how doese the harmonic sheild work

the wording makes it sound as though

if you suffer one point of bamage from a hit it is negated on a 1+ on a D10

iof 2 wounds (kill) then you need a 2+

and for a kill shot on a kill only a 4+

this cant be right can it ???????

seems a bit over powerful

how is it suposed to be resolved ???

well I don't know the stict rule but when I played against them he just had too roll more then I on my damage dice. eg;
Morita, rolled 6, target, he rolls d10, 7 - nothing happens
Firestorm,rolled 9,he rolls 7 on a d10 - ********** still has doge save (4+! on a mere trooper, I can only get that on a leader of my force :? )
(as I said the skinnies are indestructible :? )

Kenrick Dargoth said:
well I don't know the stict rule but when I played against them he just had too roll more then I on my damage dice. eg;
Morita, rolled 6, target, he rolls d10, 7 - nothing happens
Firestorm,rolled 9,he rolls 7 on a d10 - ********** still has doge save (4+! on a mere trooper, I can only get that on a leader of my force :? )
(as I said the skinnies are indestructible :? )

The Skinnies are what the MI should have been. And what they probably would have been if the nukes weren't included. Although I've heard of a tanker shrugging of a Nuke on a missile and a Brain with Ench. Shield could soak a nuke missile as well. Nukes are only useful when Direct Fired, provided the trooper armed with it doesnt keep picked off first.

For camoflage, I imagine skinnies would be basically dark green with series of brown rings on them, possibly some ornate swirls.
I might experiment with this.

GOOD MORNING!

i was thinking about this painting dilema, to. and after a bit of massive brain moving. i decided on a couple of things.

a SKINNIE RAIDERS to me seem to scream "fierce face" paint jobs, so the different raider captains would use different color schemes and distinctive designs for their ship's troops and ships. this would allow them to become easily recognized by their rivals and their prey.

b. SKINNIE REGULAR SOLDIERS, i think, would use camouflage patterns or basic subdued color for the armor, and probably use something like a very high tech version of the holo fields being experimented with by the modern military for battlefield "eyeball concealment". thus if the holofield "failed" the soldier would still have a painted on scheme to assist him.

c. i would tend to think that the other SKINNIE soldier types might or might not use subdued or camou paint schemes as well as holofields depending on their battle field role.

d. SKINNIE MILITIA. i would think as an organized militia force of light infantry, they would wear the "uniform" or "livery" designated for them by the "boss".

just some thoughts.

DAWGIE

All of this is making me wonder what Mongoose will choose for the various Skinnies when the PPMs are released. That should be interesting.

well im still waiting for an answer in the rules bit about the feild rules, but in the mean time

what do you find is the optimum make up of a squad, ie numbers and weapon distribution and champions for a unit of venerables ?

Back