Showcase(Pic heavy)

Reaverman

Mongoose
Ok,

I've been mad making scenery so that I can play SST. So I thought I would showcase my bug army (stuff painted so far).

Wargaming149.jpg

Wargaming150.jpg

Wargaming151.jpg

Wargaming152.jpg

Wargaming153.jpg

Wargaming155.jpg

Wargaming156.jpg

Wargaming157.jpg

Wargaming158.jpg

Lorcan Nagle said:
That is many kinds of awesome. Is it just cut styrofoam?

Standard Polystyrene, hot wired into hexes. I then covered sides with card, coated the tops with flexible filler and sand. Then coated them with fine exterior wall paint, and finished off with acryllic.

Excellent job! Nearly missed the cliff mites, really effective camo for the board. Nice blending on the Warriors legs as well. :)

Nice Idea but there seem to be a lot of small flat hexes. I notice the raised ones, perhaps some large area carved to fit hexes rather than just several small, or stackable with a locating hole you can put a dowl rod through to hold in place. Not being critical, I like it, I'm just trying to put forward some ideas to help you build on a great system.

I started with lots of flat hexes, and at the moment making some buildings, and hill hexes. On that pic, if you look carefully, you will also see three craters too. Its just a matter of time, getting it all done ;)

Yep can see the craters, looks good, I like the way you have doen the hills so the raised part hits the edge of the hex in the same place. Try some internal curves as well to help break up the landscape.

knuckles said:
Yep can see the craters, looks good, I like the way you have doen the hills so the raised part hits the edge of the hex in the same place. Try some internal curves as well to help break up the landscape.

Yep...just waiting to be coated ;)

These look really nice, but personally I'd stick to standard square-ish modular tables - lots of small hexes is just... Dunno, they don't fit my taste. Not for an inch-based wargame anyway. Nevertheless, great work - I admire your resourcefulness (actually, does that word even exist?)

You might want to try out Ebop and their Hexon II hex boards.

Don_Silvarro said:
Not for an inch-based wargame anyway.quote]

How do you work that one out, the hexes are 6" across. So its kinda easy to judge ranges ;)

Everyone's not going to like Hexes, each to his own and that :)

I took hexes for one reason, versatility. Once I've got a finite amount, I can have varied terrain set ups from battle to battle.

Back