Shem & Stygia supplements

René

Banded Mongoose
Hope, this hasn't been posted yet on the forum (look at the end):

"CONAN
The Cimmerian strides ever onwards and we have some exciting things coming up in the New Year. Kicking off with the $20 pocket rulebook (following on with the same lines as our Pocket Player's Handbook, giving you all the essential rules, minus the pretty artwork), we also have two city box sets (the aforementioned Shadizar and then Messantia), a _huge_ campaign box set (Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer), before launching into our 'players' books, each covering a range of classes. In these books we will also be
adding a brand new class, one particularly suited for female characters. In addition to the odd scenario here and there (something very much lacking in the Conan line thus far, as many of you have pointed out), we will then be heading off into uncharted territory as we begin the process of completely mapping out the Hyborean Kingdoms, starting with Aquilonia, Shem and Stygia."

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=15431

Stygia, Shem and Aquilonia! THat rocks!

The Class Books will be interesting, although I'm not as hot on them. Have little interest in Campaign box sets or scenarios (I seem to be in the minority here, though).

But the region books are very exciting.

Hadn't read this on the general forum.

Thanks,
Reptile

*Monty Burns voice mode: on* Excellent.

EDIT: I think there's a mistake in the description of Aquilonia on Mongoose site. It says it is going to be softcover, while it has similiar page count and price as Across the Thunder River.

Does someone know why Mongoose very seldom announces coming products on their own homepage? This forum would be the perfect place imho. Seems every rpg-homepage in the www gives more and earlier infos...

René said:
Does someone know why Mongoose very seldom announces coming products on their own homepage? This forum would be the perfect place imho. Seems every rpg-homepage in the www gives more and earlier infos...

That'd be nice, but at the same time, I like a nice surprise. Seems like everytime a Mongoose book (especially Conan) comes out, I'm wonderfully surprised by what's inside. Especially, since I didn't know what was inside previously. ;)

René said:
Hope, this hasn't been posted yet on the forum (look at the end):

"CONAN
The Cimmerian strides ever onwards and we have some exciting things coming up in the New Year. Kicking off with the $20 pocket rulebook (following on with the same lines as our Pocket Player's Handbook, giving you all the essential rules, minus the pretty artwork), we also have two city box sets (the aforementioned Shadizar and then Messantia), a _huge_ campaign box set (Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer), before launching into our 'players' books, each covering a range of classes. In these books we will also be
adding a brand new class, one particularly suited for female characters. In addition to the odd scenario here and there (something very much lacking in the Conan line thus far, as many of you have pointed out), we will then be heading off into uncharted territory as we begin the process of completely mapping out the Hyborean Kingdoms, starting with Aquilonia, Shem and Stygia."

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=15431

Though I am not personnaly fond of class book, Mongoose will do it in 128 pages with 3 classes, corresponding thus to 4 books. This is acceptable.
But I approve entirely the regional sourcebooks scheduled for 2005. Stygia is essential to the Hyborian world and Shem and Aquilonia are both 2 regions from where tons of adventures can emerge.
I also noticed with pleasure that there will be more books dedicated to adventures.
It seems Conan passed the first-year test with success. Now the serious things are coming.
Long Live the Mongoose, Long Live Conan and Long Live The King (a bit of self-esteem doesn't hurt :wink: ).

Back