Shadow Kingdoms

Mark Dunder

Mongoose
I've been reading this collection of short stories and poems REH wrote for Weird Tales. There are going to be a total of ten volumes, I have the first. If you want more stories you can turn into adventures, these are the books to get.

There seem to be a lot of Howard anthologies coming out.

There is the The Works of Robert E. Howard Series being put out by University of Nebraska Press.

http://unp.unl.edu/search/SeriesSearch?query=The Works of Robert E. Howard series

There are also the various wandering star press series that are being put as paperbooks by Del Rey.

And then this one by Wildside press. I flipped through Shadow Kingdoms and frankly it seemed that most of the material would overlap with the wandering star stuff I already have.

The interesting thing about the Shadow Kingdoms series, is that you get to read the stories REH wrote chronologically. You get to see how his writing style changes and how he improves on his writing. I like it cause it helps me to get more of the flavor of REH's writing style in my veins.

The books all look like good reading, but I'm afraid my wallet would be screaming for mercy! :shock: If paperbacks are ever released, then I'd definitely jump at the opportunity to get them.

RichardAshenden said:
The books all look like good reading, but I'm afraid my wallet would be screaming for mercy! :shock: If paperbacks are ever released, then I'd definitely jump at the opportunity to get them.

First two are out in paperback.

Terry

Back