Secrets of the Ancients - Hardbacks now in Stock

MongooseKat

Mongoose
300,000 years ago, an ancient race of aliens ruled the galaxy… maybe.
They wiped themselves out... sort of.
The war is still happening to this day... kind of.
You know what? Never mind all that. You need to save the galaxy!

Hardbacks are now in stock and pre-ordered copies are already on their way to people.

If this book is not already part of your collection, you can grab your own copy right here:
https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/secrets-of-the-ancients.html

North American Travellers can find theirs here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/secrets-of-the-ancients.html

375437.jpg

Fully updated for the latest edition of Traveller!

A complete campaign of truly epic proportions, Secrets of the Ancients delves into the dark past of the Charted Space universe, and the legacy of a race of incredibly advanced and powerful aliens. Over the course of this campaign, the Travellers will see sights no human has ever dreamed of, meddle with powers beyond understanding, clash with secret factions within the Imperium, and ultimately help shape the destiny of all Charted Space.

Secrets of the Ancients will start your Travellers off within the familiar Spinward Marches, but quickly escalates to take them into times, places and dimensions they barely dreamed of.

This is Traveller at its very best.

Good to know. Looking forward to it. My account shows that my order has shipped but there is no tracking information. Is that an issue?

Travellingdave said:
Good to know. Looking forward to it. My account shows that my order has shipped but there is no tracking information. Is that an issue?

If you do not see anything in the next couple of days, give me a shout - we are currently moving between web site systems.

Can someone provide more detail about what has changed to previous versions? I own MGP 3873, and am unsure if it is worth the upgrade.

I also would like to know that potential changes are.
I played through the free PDF version that was available many years ago and while I found the campaign very good, there were still some things I would have prefered to be ironed out.
The great artwork in current Mongoose releases so far (having portraits for all relevant characters in "Pirates of Drinax" goes a long way) alone makes me consider buying the hardback version. Have there also been content upgrades compared to the PDF? More details, etc?

Annatar Giftbringer said:
Any other buyers from Sweden? Curious to hear if others that pre-ordered their books have gotten them yet, and it’s just me waiting still…

You should have seen it by now - drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com with your address and phone number, and we will see what has happened!

I've mostly fallen down on reviewing these when they come out in PDF form... because things... but now that I have the hard copy, I'm reading through at night.

The text content is equivalent, with appropriate updates. Better formatting and much more art, including maps. (Although the Regina map doesn't match 30 years of canon maps - I should have looked at the PDF before it went to print, darn it). One odd thing, and maybe I just can't find them, is references to the handouts in both versions. This new one doesn't seem to have handout pages anywhere.

I have a question. I understand that the new Secrets of the Ancients is a revised version of the campaign of the same name in MGT1. However, is it an expanded version of the CT adventure Secret of the Ancients or is it something else? In particular, does it incorporate the CT adventures Research Station Gamma and Twilight's Peak? if not, what is the relationship between the new Secrets of the Ancients and those three CT adventures?

I didn't do Research Station Gamma back in the day, but I can confirm that Twilight's Peak is not in this book.

Just got mine in the mail the other day. The book refers to handouts. Where can I find them in the book, or do you only get them if you get the pdf?

Faelderg said:
Just got mine in the mail the other day. The book refers to handouts. Where can I find them in the book, or do you only get them if you get the pdf?

They're available from the Downloads link at the top of the main Mongoose page. Scroll down a bit and you'll see them.
https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pages/downloads-htm

A good number of NPC's have illustrations. You may have to go through the whole book to find some one them, though. But you shouldn't be running this one without reading the whole thing first, anyway.

Back