Secrets of the Ancients - eBook & Pre-Order

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings, fellow Travellers!

The epic Secrets of the Ancients campaign is back, fully revised and updated for the latest edition of Traveller, and with the new stunning artwork and graphical format of the Core Rulebook Update 2022. This is a very sweet looking book packed full of adventure, terror, and the secrets of the deepest Charted Space lore.

You grab your own copy right now here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/secrets-of-the-ancients.html

North American Travellers can get theirs here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/secrets-of-the-ancients.html

A complete campaign of truly epic proportions, Secrets of the Ancients delves into the dark past of the Charted Space universe, and the legacy of a race of incredibly advanced and powerful aliens. Over the course of this campaign, the Travellers will see sights no human has ever dreamed of, meddle with powers beyond understanding, clash with secret factions within the Imperium, and ultimately help shape the destiny of all Charted Space.

Secrets of the Ancients will start your Travellers off within the familiar Spinward Marches, but quickly escalates to take them into times, places and dimensions they barely dreamed of.

This is Traveller at its very best.

375437.jpg
 

Annatar Giftbringer

Cosmic Mongoose
Can’t wait to get home and unzip this! Cover art is amazing, and I’m guessing the new 2022 style is how all new books are gonna look?

Um, is that security drone from the preview built with tools from the upcoming Robot book..?
 

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Annatar Giftbringer said:
Can’t wait to get home and unzip this! Cover art is amazing, and I’m guessing the new 2022 style is how all new books are gonna look?

It is indeed. And if you think this book looks good, wait until you see Third Imperium next month. Saw the penultimate sketch of the cover yesterday - things are kicking up a notch again!

Annatar Giftbringer said:
Um, is that security drone from the preview built with tools from the upcoming Robot book..?

It is - all robots will be that way now :)
 

Sigtrygg

Emperor Mongoose
I have to say it is a rather impressive adventure. The production values are your best yet.

And it has an index :)
 

Annatar Giftbringer

Cosmic Mongoose
MongooseMatt said:
Annatar Giftbringer said:
Can’t wait to get home and unzip this! Cover art is amazing, and I’m guessing the new 2022 style is how all new books are gonna look?

It is indeed. And if you think this book looks good, wait until you see Third Imperium next month. Saw the penultimate sketch of the cover yesterday - things are kicking up a notch again!

Annatar Giftbringer said:
Um, is that security drone from the preview built with tools from the upcoming Robot book..?

It is - all robots will be that way now :)

Perfect, can’t wait!

The new robot stat block looked very detailed, yet also easy to decipher and understand, I like it a lot!
 

Geir

Cosmic Mongoose
Annatar Giftbringer said:
The new robot stat block looked very detailed, yet also easy to decipher and understand, I like it a lot!

Err... thanks. I hope you are still happy when the books does come out.

Matt, the book looks great, even though all I had time for was to look at the pictures. Will try to give it a once-over in spare time.
 

JNJ

Banded Mongoose
Hi,

Could Matt or someone who bought and took a look at it tell if there are any changes from previous editions except art, and rules adapted to Mongoose 2nd ed. ?

Thanks.
 

Bill Sheil

Banded Mongoose
MongooseMatt said:
Comments and feedback welcomed!
Don't know if this is the right place but end of page 5: "… (Vlen’s Ancient master sent a ship to pick up Vlad’s corpse and resurrect him)"

.. actually made me chuckle a little as an apparent conflation with vampirism.
 

Annatar Giftbringer

Cosmic Mongoose
I am amazed and in awe, this truly is an epic campaign!

Need to read this in more details, but a couple questions have popped up so far:


Does the laser immunity of shimmer suits extend to other energy weapons, or specifically lasers? P.239 mentions that fusion pistols are ‘largely ineffective’ and ‘useless’ but if the suits only reduce fusion damage to 1/4 they’d still hurt (2D+2).

Do shimmersuits and/or encounter suits include electronics package, and if so what do they contain at TL25? :)
Yes, the primitive TL12-15 Sophonts likely to use them in this campaign most likely wouldn’t be able to figure out how to use them, but I’m planning ahead here :)

The Alahir heavy scout on p.61 seems to be missing one deck on the plan?
 
Top