Second Edition of the Second Edition core book?

Kincaid

Mongoose
Havent been able to find much info on this. Several questions....

1. Will this be b/w or color?
2. Is this just to fix the binding issues?
3. Will there be updates to the rules not found in the first edition of the second edition? :lol:
4. When in May?

Some extra pages - and the new borderer fighting style article in S&P uses the 1st edition colour background of the rules, not the new one.

Hmmm, is this the answer to the riddle of stee ... err ... second Second Edition? Full colour but old page background plus a letter of appology for the binding of editions past? :p

Der Rote Baron said:
Some extra pages - and the new borderer fighting style article in S&P uses the 1st edition colour background of the rules, not the new one.

Hmmm, is this the answer to the riddle of stee ... err ... second Second Edition? Full colour but old page background plus a letter of appology for the binding of editions past? :p

Plus free chocolate... :lol:

Strom said:
Der Rote Baron said:

Plus free chocolate... :lol:

BY CROM!

How do we know if we are ordering this 2nd printing? If I were to place an order, is this the one I'd get now, or should I wait a little while. I want the newer one with the extra few pages.

vegaserik said:
How do we know if we are ordering this 2nd printing? If I were to place an order, is this the one I'd get now, or should I wait a little while. I want the newer one with the extra few pages.

Excellent question. Ive been waiting to buy this book so i can get the newer one.

Possibly a different MGP#### number or a different cover?
I would also like to know what day its released.

Kincaid said:
[v
Possibly a different MGP#### number or a different cover?

I asked that same question a week ago and the Goose never answered - and I'm sure they saw it - right Matt? It's like a few posts down on the same subject.

vegaserik said:

You'll get the new one - the original has been out of print for so long, it is difficult to imagine any copies still in the retail or distribution chain.

msprange said:
[
You'll get the new one - the original has been out of print for so long, it is difficult to imagine any copies still in the retail or distribution chain.

Yes, that makes sense - but will there be a distinguishable feature on this second print? A new MGP #? A blurb on the cover?

Strom said:
Yes, that makes sense - but will there be a distinguishable feature on this second print? A new MGP #? A blurb on the cover?
The best is that you ask before buying (if you buy online).

msprange said:
vegaserik said:

I'm not deliberately being a killjoy but there are some copies left in retail. I saw at least 2 copies left in silver snail in toronto this past saturday, probly a few others lurking about somewhere.

Anyone know where can i buy a cheap copy with the new binding?

Amazon.com itself appears to not be selling the new book.

I run a gaming shop in Southern France and I still have an "old" 2nd Ed in stock. Between the French Atlantean and the "new" 2nd Ed, I guess I'll be stuck with that one for a while (unless there's an exchange program with shops, but I doubt it...).

Hervé said:
I run a gaming shop in Southern France and I still have an "old" 2nd Ed in stock. Between the French Atlantean and the "new" 2nd Ed, I guess I'll be stuck with that one for a while (unless there's an exchange program with shops, but I doubt it...).

Hervé, I suggest you buy your own book, come here and request, as a regular customer, a replacement book then resell it to your shop !
:)

W.

I'd be happy with a new edition that doesn't fall apart after just two weeks, the pages had a sort of crinkled look that when flattened out caused the pages to come unstuck from the spine. I ended up taking the book apart and putting the pages in plastic sleeve protectors then putting them into a folder, Its bulky put at least I dont loose pages.

Dick said:
I'd be happy with a new edition that doesn't fall apart after just two weeks, the pages had a sort of crinkled look that when flattened out caused the pages to come unstuck from the spine. I ended up taking the book apart and putting the pages in plastic sleeve protectors then putting them into a folder, Its bulky put at least I dont loose pages.

Another option (besides getting Mongoose to replace your copy) is to take the loose pages to Fed Ex/ Kinko's and have them spiral bind it for $5.

flatscan said:
Dick said:

Another option (besides getting Mongoose to replace your copy) is to take the loose pages to Fed Ex/ Kinko's and have them spiral bind it for $5.

Really? Just five bucks? Thanks flatscan - I had no idea it was so inexpensive.

Back