Season 2 campaign, like Fiery Trial?

A

Anonymous

Will there be a season 2 campaign book like Fiery trial? A series of adventures that will span the season?

thanks

I hope so. The way Fiery Trial is written to play alongside the B5 story, but without interfering with canon and yet involving major events, is very cool.

Besides it's nice to be able to run a campaign without having to do all of the work yourself. :)

I'm hoping that Mongoose release release a season 2 (3,4 & 5) books to follow along with Fiery Trial. I'd be even more happy if it carried on where Fiery Trial left off.

Unfortunately not.

Although in depth, I am not entirely sure that 'Coming of the Shadows' is a worthy investment, but rather makes a very good episode guide (with some nice notes and additions).

However its just an account of the years episodes, and its events, rather than a module. Lots of ideas, ships etc.. but as a warning the majority of it is a very long, and sometimes boring, account of each episode over several pages. Ideal for Babylonphiles.... :(

I have to agree with that statement. Although I think its an ok book, I would have preferred less of an episode guide and more rules such as ships, PrC's...etc.

hassanisabbah and Eryx,

While I agree on your comments about "The Coming of Shadows", I would like to point out that the original poster was refering to "The Fiery Trial". And that supplement would be quite worthy of a sequel or two, since this campaign setting is quite interesting, especially for those GMs who lacks time and energy to build it from the ground up (like me for instance) :wink: .

Well, I'm sure Agent-1 (aka Bruce Graw, the semi-evil mastermind behind Fiery Trial and the EA Factbook :wink: ) would loove to write another one... (once he's finished with his current project for Mongoose that is...).
Or someone else would, if Mongoose decides to bring in another author in case they want some variety.
I suppose all you guys need to do to make it work is convince the guys at Mongoose that lots of people would buy it, then they will certainly see they get it to sell all those people. And the best way is to buy lots of Mongoose B5 stuff and send them lots of mails asking for more... so go out and purchase a second Fiery Trial! :wink: :p :lol:

CoS is another matter... and as a terminal B5-o-phile myself I found it very good indeed; though I could understand that other people would like a bit more stuff from "around" the show better usable for gaming... but hey, Mongoose can still make a "Season-2 companion" where they put all that. All you gotta do is give them the idea and convince 'em you'd buy it...

Well I think I'm contributing to the war effort : since I learned about Mongoose Babylon 5 d20 B5 line, I bought every book of that line so far, I took a subscribtion to "Signs & Portents". Hell, I even bought 3 Quint books and pre-ordered Lone Wolf. Conan, MWwG and some others are also quite tempting...

I could as well send half of my paycheck directly to Mongoose office :eek:

You might wish to refer to the posting "The Fiery Trial" that I started for Agent One's answer to whether or not there will be another story arc written by him in the future. He would like to if Mongoose hires him for that project.

Even if they do, he has stated that he has other projects that Mongoose has hired him to do first, (A.K.A. the Techno Mage source material)

Hope this answers your question ghost2020.

redlaco said:
hassanisabbah and Eryx,

While I agree on your comments about "The Coming of Shadows", I would like to point out that the original poster was refering to "The Fiery Trial". And that supplement would be quite worthy of a sequel or two, since this campaign setting is quite interesting, especially for those GMs who lacks time and energy to build it from the ground up (like me for instance) :wink: .

Yes, I was aware of that but felt compelled to agree.

I've already thrown my support behind a season 2 sequal for Firey Trial. I really would like one for each year of the show.

redlaco said:
Well I think I'm contributing to the war effort : since I learned about Mongoose Babylon 5 d20 B5 line, I bought every book of that line so far, I took a subscribtion to "Signs & Portents". Hell, I even bought 3 Quint books and pre-ordered Lone Wolf. Conan, MWwG and some others are also quite tempting...

I could as well send half of my paycheck directly to Mongoose office :eek:

Ah they got you too. I own all of the Slaine and Dredd line, B5 line, MWWG, Nyphology (I was bored at work), plus a subscription and a few bits and bobs.

I simply sold my soul to Matt for good RPG products. Apparently they got Satan the same way :lol: :lol:

Hi guys,

Just to let you chaps know, we have started talking to Bruce about the possibility of a second story arc for 2259. . .

I've basically agreed to write the sequel to Fiery Trial (thanks for the offer, Matt!) but first, I have to get this pesky Technomage supplement out of the way. The trouble with Technomages is that once you get their attention, they're very hard to get rid of... :)

The plan is to basically pick up where the last one left off, and run through season 2. There will be links to various episodes, just like Fiery Trial did. However, the main focus will be 3-5 separate scenarios that link together and unfold in a season-long arc that should keep the players well entertained.

Back