S Type Scout Deck Plans Snapshot Flavour

middenface

Cosmic Mongoose
Just needs the ship illustration...
scout2.jpg

Looks ok but I prefer the Classic Traveller scout ship myself - always liked the arrow shape of it and the space in the shp as well, the Mongoose Scout ship shape that you have copied here loses the effect of its strong shape quite a bit IMO and is quite claustrophobic.

Minor comment - your beds are 3m long and 1.5m wide which is pretty big. Also the gap entrances into the rooms are only 750mm wide - pretty small it would be a bit of a squeeze to get into each room. These days 900-1000mm is the standard min opening size for doors/opening etc in architectural plans.

Also the iris valves between decks dont equate.

The main airlock entrance is very badly placed - any pirates would have immediate access to the ships locker and the bridge/computer on entry. I always liked the original design where the main access was at the back so any pirates had a big trek to get to the bridge and gain control.

apoc527 said:
Might I humbly request a Fat Trader done up like this? :wink:

Thats a possibility, personnally I like the Far Trader, but the map in the MGT book is not very clear, even the PDF is not so hot either, see I liked the Pegasus from the Traveller strip White Dwarf..

Yep the map of is a copy of the MGT one, but I missed one of the valves.. beds and doors blame the original plans..

The actual image looks more like the classic version.. I do prefer the deckplans of the original

Tell you what after the fat trader (in progress) I'll do the Classic S-Type... then perhaps one of my own..
:)

May I humbly request the JTAS#2 Serpent Class Scout Ship? I have always loved that ship and it was the very first deckplan I ever owned.

The iris valves seem to be wonky. There is a fllor valve in the starboard side of the transverse corridor that goes nowhere as it has no counterpart in the cargo bay, and the portside floor iris valve doesn't match up with the one in the cargo bay access corridor. Either the one by the crgo bay needs to move aft a square or the fuel tank would jut out behind the ship. Also, no belly hatch or access to the cargo bay.

Aside from that, a fine map. What are you using>

Or how about some detailled deckplans (and if anyone is interested in doing so, some 3D renderings) of the totally beautiful Comstar Games' T20 Armed Free Trader. That is a lovely ship and the baseline for most of my traders.

Seconded!!!! Though this is not 'dial a pizza', I understand the work that goes into these, I've tried but failed a few times. Now resort to pencil & graph paper.

apoc527 said:

The Fat boy is in the ship yard......

Mithras said:
Seconded!!!! Though this is not 'dial a pizza', I understand the work that goes into these, I've tried but failed a few times. Now resort to pencil & graph paper.

apoc527 said:

Lord High Munchkin said:
Just so long the bunks are not 9'10" long!

Check smaller beds...

Ok though what about the fact the top deck is shorter than the bottum deck (?) so the lift doesn't line up... unless someone can explain it, I'm adding fuel tankage and moving the lift.

Unless its one of those silly sideways moving turbo lifts in STNG...

Fedmahn Kassad said:
Also, and this may just be nit-picking... but should there be an access hatch/door/ramp to the cargo area?
Bugger missed it, to be honest this was my 1st one...

Fedmahn Kassad as in the Hyperion Cantos.... ?

middenface said:
Fedmahn Kassad said:
Also, and this may just be nit-picking... but should there be an access hatch/door/ramp to the cargo area?
Bugger missed it, to be honest this was my 1st one...

Fedmahn Kassad as in the Hyperion Cantos.... ?

Yeah, one of my favorite books/series =)

Did you say that you do commissions?

Back