S&P 46

Color me torqued.

68 pages (the description says 72), NINE of which are about the Kerakhistan Race of Death, and nothing for SST (classic, adventure game, Evo, anything).

Normally I wouldn't complain about a free magazine, but this is kind of rediculous. SST:Evo is supposedly going to be a flagship product, and yet here we are supposedly a month before release and NOTHING! No updates, no previews, not even an ad! Instead we get over a tenth of the magazine devoted to "pimp my technical." Sorry, I'm here for wargaming, not for slot cars with guns.

Calm down, S&P is not the only way Mongoose release previews, and it's not like it cost you anything other than any download charges and electricity to run your PC and modem.

:lol:

LBH

What other sources are there? The nearest game store is 8 hours away (well, until tomorrow when Fortress Games opens up, then 30 minutes). And it is not unreasonable to expect getting Mongoose information from Mongoose publications.

S@P 46=Useless to me...Totally. Not a lick of support or even anything that interests me slightly. What about part 3 of the Cursed Earth rules? Or SST preview...we get dinky car racing?

:shock:

The latest infomation that we have been given was that SST:Evo is going to be released in August.... well they really are bigging up this game that so many want....

Are you trying to kill SST and SST:Evo, if so just do it.... Annnunce you aren't doing the game and stop messing us around.

Nezeray just posted that SST:EVo has turned up on Mongooses list of games for Gencon.
So its so on schedule that Mongoose doesn't feel the need to tell us its on schedule apparently.
Would have been nice to get some more solid info in S&P this month, but I suppose they can't have all that much to show and wanna keep some of it under warps till August.

I wish we would get a little more info of the Mongoose higher ups though, its not as if they're aloof and untenable, we see them posting on all the other forums! :D

MaxSteiner said:
Nezeray just posted that SST:EVo has turned up on Mongooses list of games for Gencon.
So its so on schedule that Mongoose doesn't feel the need to tell us its on schedule apparently.
Would have been nice to get some more solid info in S&P this month, but I suppose they can't have all that much to show and wanna keep some of it under warps till August.

I wish we would get a little more info of the Mongoose higher ups though, its not as if they're aloof and untenable, we see them posting on all the other forums! :D

My opinion is that they don't want to show us the SST:EVO stuff until they have the actual stuff. Just look at the trouble with BF:E prototypes and the first wave of figures. I think they're just playing their cards closer.

I have faith that we'll get the real pictures and hype once they have actual stuff off the assembly lines.

August or September could be an all SST issue for all we know. :)

Nezeray

WOW.
I guess it's the same in every hobby/online community. When things don't go your way, "wah wah wah," when things are awesome for you, "yay yay yay."
More of us need to have faith and patience. SSTEvo WILL come out, and it WILL be good, because Mongoose is not just going to jump into it haphazard. They've released BEvo and are working on it A LOT...which means everything they're doing with it, and learning from it, will go into SSTEvo. If they don't release anything about it now, chill, and wait a month. Next month's S&P will BE SSTEvo, guaranteed.

Think about the people that play BEvo, Victory at Sea, ACTA...are they not happy with this S&P? Oh yeah, who cares, it's not YOUR game that has content, right?
Sheesh, people!
:roll:

Well, though nothing about SSTE I had fun with this S&P.
The Road Trip through Kerakistan Article got me laughing more than one time. Will have to do this with some of our gaming group.
Also there's some nice B5 Stuff in.

I asume next month it will be a B5 Issue as the 2nd Edition comes out and we have to wait one month longer for SSTE. Not that bad to me as I am actually stuck with SST1 anyway.

Back