Runequest Lankhmar Support Material

yipwyg

Mongoose
I was wondering how much support will there be for this setting after the first 2 books. I know that probably most of the focus will be on Gloranthia, and plan on buying all or most of those, but would be great to see a lot of support for the other settings as well.

Well there are the two sourcebooks plus one scenario in the next couple months.

I think DBC mentioned that he planned on naming all his adventures "Swords against Something" or sumesuch - I can't exactly remember what it was - but the point is that I think he was expecting to write a few more adventures in the future.

I imagine it has a lot to do with how the Lankhmar stuff sells, but I would expect at least a few more scenarios.

That is true, I'm hoping though for more accessory support. I don't imagine it like the Gloranthian support but a couple more books would be cool, though I do not know what they would be.

I would like though some more Sword & Sorcery type settings/rules. I like what I have read about glorantha, but I'm also looking for a more darker fantasy type setting with good support.

Maybe the Elric books will do that.

yipwyg said:
I would like though some more Sword & Sorcery type settings/rules. I like what I have read about glorantha, but I'm also looking for a more darker fantasy type setting with good support.

The Elric setting should be suitably dark...

Maybe the Elric books will do that.[/quote]

But I see you've considered that. :wink:

Im not sure how much rules material Lankhmar can really offer without going away from the novels and becoming D&D.

Im fairly happy with a decent setting and rules book, and then some modules and whatnot

I dont want another 19 book setting :) Glorantha is, but everyone knew that going into it, and its "the big thing" so thats natural. I dont feel like I've wasted any of those dollars.
Lankhmar to me is a side thing, something to have fun with, but not something i want to feel like Im "catching up"

weasel_fierce said:
I dont want another 19 book setting :) Glorantha is, but everyone knew that going into it, and its "the big thing" so thats natural. I dont feel like I've wasted any of those dollars.
Lankhmar to me is a side thing, something to have fun with, but not something i want to feel like Im "catching up"

That is pretty much the point of Lankhmar - it is a 'small' setting, as opposed to Glorantha's epic approach. At the moment, we have Lankhmar itself, Newhon and a scenario planned. If demand is there, we may look at a campaign, but there will not be many (if any) rules supplements.

msprange said:
weasel_fierce said:

That is pretty much the point of Lankhmar - it is a 'small' setting, as opposed to Glorantha's epic approach. At the moment, we have Lankhmar itself, Newhon and a scenario planned. If demand is there, we may look at a campaign, but there will not be many (if any) rules supplements.

That sounds great, I've run many campaigns in Lankhmar and find it easy to do so because of the limited amount of books that any given game has had for it.

Back